Chapter four

POV:
Evelyn

****
The air was cool and crisp as I walked through the streets. It took a lot of convincing from dad to let me go without Robbie or Ron, who were my overly protective bodyguards. If any stranger would come my way, they would instantly come in front of me and deal with the matter. Though I wouldn't say that I don't love them. They are like my big brothers and deep inside I know they adore me like their smaller sister.

Ah! I'm finally here. This was my favourite place in the entire world.

The pond.

I had discovered it a few years ago when I came to the park with dad. While he was talking on the phone, I was running to catch a butterfly and then I explored this beautiful place. Not many people come here. It's mostly myself because the area is always covered with big, wild bushes.

There alone sat the bench that I had been using since the past 7 years. It was old and rusty but gave a definite vintage feeling.

Then my mind went to him.

Ethan.

He was one of the most beautiful men I had ever seen. His light hazelnut eyes always haunting me. Those two small dimples that always appeared when he smiled. His jawline always attracting me to just give it a gentle stroke. His dark brown hair always so messy that anyone would want to roam their hands in them and make it more messier but somehow it suited him.

'Stop', my subconscious screams.

'Stop thinking about him...he's not right for you.'

Is he?

I recall last week. When dad had called him and when we had breakfast. I remember how my body warmed by just seeing him. I remember how he put his hand on my thigh and gave me goosebumps and I remember how he called me baby.

Baby.

That simple word from his mouth had such an effect on me. I would love to hear it again...from his mouth.

'No, stop!' My subconscious screamed at me again.

I think I should...or should I?

With these thought I stood up and called Ron.

"Hey! Umm.... can you come and pick me up from the park."

"Yes, sure." Came his gruff voice.

"And oh umm..can you also drop me to daddy's office. I want to see him."

"Of course Evelyn, we'll be right there." And with that, I hung up.

Oh lord, why can't I stop thinking about him.

******

I have always loved dads office. I used to come here a lot when I was young. It always made me feel like I'm a very important person.

I step into daddy's office, ready to launch at him and give him a big hug but stop in my tracks when I see him.

Am I hallucinating?

Daddy looks at me and gives me a smile.

"Oh ummm, I'm sorry...I didn't know you had company. I'll just wait out-"

"Pumpkin, it's fine. Come we just finished."

I start walking towards daddy and I try not to look at him but nevertheless fail miserably.

And I once again stop in my tracks when I look into his beautiful eyes.

Holy moly.

Can this man get any hotter.