Welcome to Madness, Ace

"This is our new house?" Ace asked in disbelief as he looked at the old creaky house.

"Yes Ace" His mother looked at him.

"it's a pile of shit" he groaned opening his car door and stepping out.

"Language!" his mother scolded.

"Yea yea whatever" he mumbled stuffing his hands in his jean pockets.

"Ace stop being such a slouch and help your sister" his father said calmly but with force.

Ace looked back into the car to where his little sister was struggling to get out of her booster seat. He chuckled and walked over to her side of the car.

"Need some help there Neo?" he asked.

She nodded and he laughed unbuckling the seat belt that her little hands couln't quite rake control over. She hopped out of the car and he picked her up.

"Acy" she said cutely, "are we living here?".

"Apparently Neo" he sighed and his sister mimicked his voice.

"Ace!" his mother called his attention to her, "help your father bring things in."

He lowered Neo to the ground and grabbed his two suitcases. The wooden steps were creaky under his feet and the door looked as if people had tried to break in.

"Who the hell thought it was a good idea to live here?" he asked himself.

"Your mother" His father answered, "she said it's "rustic" or something like that".

"It needs to be torn down" he huffed.

"I agree" His father crossed his arms, "this place is fucking creepy".

"Ha!" Ace laughed at his dad's child like behavior.

"Oliver!" his mother had her hands on her hip and was glaring at his father.

"Sorry Love" he said.

Ace shook his head to keep from laughing. He glanced behind his mother to see Neo running in the street.

"Neo!" he yelled dashing past his mother and grabbing his little sister out of the path of an oncoming car.

She looked at him with big eyes, "You let the doggy get away!" she yelled at him.

"Huh?" he asked getting a grasp on his breath, "what dog?".

"The one with spots and brown fur" she painted a metal picture, "you let him get away"

"Neo, " he sighed, "there was no doggy".

"Yes there was!" she insisted.

"Ok ok" he rolled his eyes, "let's just get inside".

"But the doggy!" she struggled to get out of his arms.

"Neo stop" he told her, "mom's gonna have a cow, do you want to be in even more trouble?".

She shook her head quickly.

He chuckled and carried the 6 year old girl back to his "new" house.

"Neo!" Ace's mother took her from Ace and put the girl down, "what was going through your head?!?"

"There was a doggy" Neo said as if running into the street was no problem what-so-ever.

Ace's father looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"There was no dog" Ace shook his head.

"There was too!" Neo stomped her foot.

"Neo go put your bags in your room" His mother sighed.

"I don't know where that is..." she said blankly.

"I'll take you to it" Ace reached for her hand and took her bag in his other hand.

They walked up the stairs the squeaked under their feet and turned to the left into a room with windows everywhere.

"This is it Neo" he smiled.

Neo jumped on the bed and giggled. He dropped her bag.

"I'll be in my room" he waved to the girl.

"Okie!" she smiled widely.

Ace walked to a bed room down the hall and opened the door. There was one window and the whole room seemed off. It was nothing like the upbeat light aura of Neo's room, this was dark and creepy. He shivered but shook it off as his imagination.

He plopped his bag in the middle of the room and flopped onto the bed. Ace looked over at the desk and spots a small piece of paper. He got up and pulled the paper. The paper turned out to be a photograph, an old one at that.

The picture was of two children. A small boy and girl standing in the road smiling. They looked like brother and sister. The boy was about 7 in the picture, he had black hair and soft gray eyes that stood out against his pale skin. The girl had lighter brown hair but the same gray eyes.

He turned the picture over to see writing. It looked like a scared child had written it in the dark.

Pleaseit read Run from this house, this room, this town.

"What the fuck..." he scanned over the chicken scratch.

"Ace" his mother knocked softly.

Ace stuffed the picture in his back pocket, "y-yea".

"Why so jumpy son?" she asked.

"This house is creepy" he said "of course i'm gonna be jumpy".

"Well get used to it" she said.

"Yea yea mom i will" he huffed.

"Pizza is here" she said.

"Cool i'll be down soon" Ace said as his mother left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ace woke up to Neo standing in front of him.

"Neo" he said groggily "what's up"

"There's a ghost under my bed" she said.

"There's no ghost Neo" he groaned, "go back to sleep".

"can i sleep with you?" she asked clutching her teddy bear.

"Yea" he sighed lifting the covers to let his little sister steal his warmth.

There was a creaking sound all around them.

"The ghost" Neo whispered softly burying her face in Ace's chest.

"There's no ghost" Ace said.

"Yes there is" she insisted, "she's telling me to get out of her room, her house".

Ace remembered the picture and the writing.

"Neo i'm gonna go check around" He stood up, "stay here".

"Mmhm" she nodded.

He walked through the creaking hallway. The clanking of metal whistled through the wind. Ace noticed a small circle carved into the ceiling. He reached up to touch it and traced the 5-point-star that was way to similar to a pentagram. 

A pain erupted in his mind and he cringed.

"Please, get out of this house, this room, this town" A little boy's voice said.

"The monster like to eat your feelings" a girls voice said.

"He can smell fear" the same girls voice said.

An image of the gray eyes flashed in his mind and one name echoed in his thoughts...

"Dean..." Ace said.