Kiss in the Cheek

After talking with Isabella, the phone rang again. I answered the phone praying for it to be Derek, but for my misfortune it was Miss Petersen. "Hello Carsey, may I talk to your mom." "Mom Miss Petersen wants to talk to you." I yelled. Mom came running and grabbed the phone. I new she was going to talk to my mom about my homework not done and the detention."Ok, I'll tell her" my mom said.

--Yeah......... sorry about I didn't tell that I am in detention.

--She told me that you are failing history class.

--But I have alway done my homework. This the first time!

--I know, but she sais that you fall asleep constantly and that your exams are never above D.  

--Ok, I'll make an effort.

--Oh, I know you'll do because if you dont get any better I'll ground your ballet shoes.

--Mom!

--I'm just saying

I hate when she does that! She knows she can make anything she want to torture me because she is my mom, and I cannot do anything about it. I went to my room and herad some little rocks from my window and I saw Jake outside. I was really confused, but i decided to go with him. "What are you doing?" I said when I opened the door.

--Nothing, I just came to say  hi.

--Really? And scince when do you do that?

--Do you wanr ro go somewhere?' You know with me?

--Now?

--Yes.

--Allright.

We walked to an icecream store and we both asked for  chocolate icecream. I was surprised about him asking me to go out with him. We have never talked before. He was so mean, but not to me of course he just told me all the things he had done with Derek and I loved it! But why? I am not a mean girl, why do like a mean boy? "Wow, it has been very fun, but seriously why did you asked me out?"

--I don't know just wanted to.

--Come on.

--I just  think you are the prettiest girl in highscool.

--I Don't belive you

--Why not?

--Because we have been in the same highschool for two years, and you never said anything.

--Maybe I didn't had the courage back then.

I didn't know how to answer to that. I was't so sure if what he was saying was true, but his eyes reflected honesty. He walked me home, in the way he tlaked to me about his family and y told him about Pam, mom, and dad. He seemed to come from a nice family. It became so easy for me to talk to him. 

He left me in the door of my house and gave me a kiss in the cheek before he left.