Never Let Me Go

Klaus wondered in the bar after Elijah had just put the phone in his jacket. The hybrid sat down at the table saying-

"By the look of the afterglow you're wearing, I gather you and Elena made up?! I never thought I'd say this, but I am glad."

"If I didn't know better, there must be a very good news for you to be so gracious"- Elijah said.

"I have excellent news"- Klaus said-"we are in possession of the actual dark objects."

"You found them? How come?"- Elijah inquired amazed to hear the news.

"The woman I met up with last night, was one Father Kieran's devout little helper. As it happened, he had given it to her for safe keeping"- Klaus informed his brother.

"Very good"- Elijah now said-"and what of the prophecy?"

"We need the Bennett witch's blood to open the jade box and see if there is any truth in that."- Klaus said.

"Aurora?"- Elijah asked.

"Well, we have two more days till the full moon on the witch's night. Till then I intend to be rid of her."- Klaus said.

Caroline and Stefan now walked in the bar. Elijah could see that Klaus' mood changed immediately. He was still so very hung up on the blonde vampire. Seeing Caroline with her boyfriend was like someone had ran a permanent stake in Klaus heart. He wished her visit was short but it seemed she was determined to stay longer to be with her friends. He now got up excusing himself and swished out the bar.

The pair now greeted Elijah, who also extended a small greeting back and finished his Bourbon getting up himself. By the way Caroline looked at him, he knew that Elena had shared with her friends the happy news that she and the Original were back together.

"I hope now there will not be any hexes coming between you. I have not seen Elena so happy in a very long time. Ok, I know it's not your fault what had happened, but, if you are just playing games with her- I don't care how Original you are-"- Caroline was know to give her opinion straight out no fearing the backlash.

Elijah knew that it was all to do with him and his involvement with Hayley. They always brought up the time he had gone back on his word to her. Even though they understood his motives for not killing Klaus that time.

"I love her. I will not hurt her ever."- Elijah now said-"and I do know will have to prove it to you forever. But I am telling the truth."

"What about that commitment to Hayley you have given?"- Stefan then said.

Elijah hated to be grilled like that, but he knew he could not get away from her friends' judgement-

"I committed to the child. And that is what I intend to keep always. I have made that very clear with Hayley. My heart belongs to Elena. It has always been so, even in the moments I was lost. I hope you see the sincerity of it?"

Stefan nodded. He knew that the Original and Elena had a special connection, from the very start. It was him, who found it odd that Elena had broken things with Elijah to be with Damon, making him wonder how she could have gone so erratically from one to the other.

Flashback

Mystic Falls, days after Elena slept with Damon, and Elijah went away to New Orleans

"Something is really strange with Elena. I know her emotions were all over the place after she got them back. I thought it was her grief, but something is really strange, something is not right."- Stefan said to Bonnie now retelling her what had happened in the caves.