♡3♡

You could've sworn the room collapsed in on itself, growing smaller and smaller. You felt as though you were suffocating and you tugged at the collar of your shirt to loosen it.

"Yo," a boy who was sitting alone was the first to speak to you since you had greeted the seemingly unfriendly class of budding exorcists.

His style gave you a wary feeling, almost alerting you that nothing good would come from being with him. He was staring down at his paper, not even bothering to spare you even the slightest of glances as he pulled his bangs back with a big metal clip.

You felt what little courage you had vanish in seconds and you turned to your friend. "Please let me go back to the dorm," you begged, "this place isn't for me."

They shook their head. "No, (Y/N), you have to do this!"

"You didn't even last a week here!" You argued with a quiet whisper, careful not to let anyone hear you.

"I'm not cut out for it, but you are! Why not go talk to him?" They motioned over to the boy who was starting to doze off at his desk in a matter of minutes.

"Are you kidding me?! I don't even think he takes this class seriously!" You hissed, "there's no way he wants to become an exorcist!"

Your friend sighed. "Fine then, be lonely and anxious for the rest of the year."

Against your better judgment, you walked into the class agonizingly slowly, dragging your feet as you did so. You sat down at the same long wooden desk as the sleeping boy, although distancing yourself from him by a good ten to fifteen feet.

He seemed to jolt awake suddenly, startling you to the point where you almost fell out of your chair. He looked around and his gaze stopped on you.

He scooted over to you and every fiber of your being was screaming at you to run, but frozen as you were, you stayed.

"Hey," he smiled at you and you felt your heart flutter, although you'd rather die than admit it. "I'm Rin. Who're you?" He held his hand out for you to shake.

Instead, you looked down at your lap and nervously played with your fingers. "I-I'm...(Y/N)..." you mumbled softly.

You hoped he'd get the message that you didn't want to talk, or even be that close to him, but he came off as thick headed when he couldn't read the obvious discomfort on your face.

"It's nice to meet ya! Are you new?"

You nodded and turned your head away, making sure he wasn't able to see your face. Despite the fact that a deadman could tell no tales of the one who murdered him, you decided to take caution.

As far as you were concerned, if he didn't move away from you and make the rampaging emotions flooding you stop, he was going to die.

You cast a side glare in his direction, only to find he had moved all his things over so he could sit beside you.

Shocked, you let out a yelp and tumbled backward, falling off the bench. He laughed at you as you sat up, rubbing the back of your head.

You felt hot tears of embarrassment form in the corners of your eyes as you tried to keep yourself from crying.

You knew you'd failed when it felt hard to breathe and that you'd rather be suffocating like you were at the beginning of the class.

A sob caught in your throat as you choked it back. Upon seeing your tears, the boy panicked, his laughter falling to multiple distressed noises as he looked around the room, looking for help that inevitably would never come to aid him.