[ 3 ] sandwiches & newspaper articles

Louis_Tomlinson: @PennyLaLane movie tonight with me and the boys? ;) xx

PennyLaLane: @Louis_Tomlinson cant :$ got stuff to do all day today before we head off to London! maybe some other time :s #busybuns

Ashton5SOS: @PennyLaLane we never defeated those huns tho, fa mulan :$ #letsgetdowntobusiness

PennyLaLane: @Ashton5SOS that's an adventure for another time, Li Shang xD

GeorgeLaneWG:@Louis_Tomlinson i think you should apply some ice on that rejection bruise, tommo. ouch! #rejectedbypenny xD

Louis_Tomlinson: the lads and i are crying over her tonight, mate xx :p aha! @GeorgeLaneWG penny lane was in my ears and in my eyes, but she rejects me now :/ @PennyLaLane ;)

PennyLaLane: @GeorgeLaneWG @Louis_Tomlinson ha. *sarcastic clap* can i laugh now? -.- lol #notfunny

GeorgeLaneWG: @PennyLaLane how come ur busy tonight? :p haha grounded for being a lame daughter? xD

PennyLaLane: @GeorgeLaneWG nooooo. grounded for being a p-i-m-p. where's my money, HOE!? #pimp

RingoLaneWG: @PennyLaLane @GeorgeLaneWG dont u remember she does her Light from the Soul thing once a month?

Louis_Tomlinson: @RingoLaneWG Whats Light from the Soul?

Ashton5SOS: @RingoLaneWG whats that?

RingoLaneWG: @Louis_Tomlinson @Ashton5SOS her org. she helps make sandwiches for the homeless & then distributes them. #goodytwoshoes

PennyLaLane: @RingoLaneWG i'll kill u for being a nosey beesh -.- & @Louis_Tomlinson @Ashton5SOS you're not invited. #gowatchyourmoviebye

.

.

.

.

Looking in the mirror, I sighed. No need to impress anyone for tonight. Tonight is a night for me to spend time with my old friends and doing a good deed. A Light from the Soul is the name of the foundation I created with my sister Rita and my three bestfriends; Georgia, Eleanor, and Suzy. Along with volunteers from the church youth group we gather on Friday afternoons to make sandwiches and then drive through the streets of Madrid, giving them out to anyone who wants one.

Its the most rewarding feeling in the world when we hand a less fortunate person some food. The look they give and the gratitude they express gives me this feeling of accomplishment, like giving back to people will change the world. And it can. One little action may not look like much, but it can truly make a difference.

With Rita at the wheel of my yellow Mini Cooper, me sitting in the front passanger seat, and the other three girls squished in the back, we headed to the church where we gather. We don't make the sandwiches inside the church. On the lot where the church is, there is also a ballroom building and the ballroom has a kitchen which we would be using.

Each of us was assigned a different ingredient to bring. This time it was my turn to bring the bread. I got the large bags from the trunk and went through the ballroom to the kitchen that was in the back.

We set all the ingredients on the kitchen counter and got to work. Usually we made our sandwiches all the same: with ham, fresh Mexican cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. Generally these were the type of sandwiches all people liked, although there were instances when someone rejected our sandwiches coldly. In which case we just smiled politely and moved on.