Chapter 13. - Epilogue

Sam quit her job as a psychologist. She also needed one for herself too.

The city slowly recovered from the disaster. The politics said it was just a nature disaster associated with planned terrorist attacks. The police and the army are examining the witnesses and searching for the culprits.

It was not a true and Sam knew it.

She was OK on the outside, but it was a long way to go on the inside.

Thankfully her friends were there to help her recover faster. She didn't told them the real truth about demons and monsters from another realm, they would think she is completely bonkers! Instead she told them the second truth about Aaron.

She missed the good goofy guy a lot. Her friends came with her to his funeral. They were a big support for her.

From now on they tried to encourage her thinking he was the only one Sam lost that day there.

Maybe she has to live with it from now on. At least she had her necklace with phial containing a tiny sample or bright green liquid. Nobody asked what it is thankfully.

**********

Sam had a good day today. It was two months from that day and her ankle was finally healthy enough for her to walk without walking stick.

She met with her friends who took her to a newly opened aquapark and they had so much fun. During those times she almost forgot everything.

The evenings were the bad times.

She was sitting in her bed. She tried to read a book, but her mind was wandering off again. She shook her head and decided to go to sleep. Tomorrow will be another nice day.

Her window flew open and casted the curtains away.

Sam jumped out of her bed and wrapped herself in the blanket. The sudden breeze made her shiver in cold. She got to the window and closed it, but the cold presence was still there.

She checked, but there was no way the cold from the outside would still be in her room. The curtains were still moving like in a light wind.

She felt another cold wave move around and touch her cheek like a light hand caressing her skin. She stopped in shock, trying to look through the darkness of her room.

She heard a humming noise. It was so soothing she yawned. She slowly crawled back to her bed and snugged up into her blankets. As she was closing her eyes, she gripped her necklace with the phial pendant. She quickly drifted into the dreams, lulled to the sleep by that nice sound.

The darkness around her bed faded when the blood in the small phial started to glow in a dim green colour...

THE END

***********************************************************************************************************

If you want to see the BONUS, visit my deviantart page here:

http://cestakrve.deviantart.com/art/Between-Darkness-and-insanity-Bonus-662091131