Lapidot Bus AU

I hate taking busses. They normally have super bad internet connection, and then I'm bored and I'm sitting next to a stranger, and my twitter can't be updated every second.

The stranger was kinda cute this time.

I guess the only reason I take busses in the first place is because they're cheap and my boss doesn't pay well and is SUPER demanding. Like I bet she says she only wants yellow diamonds or whatever for her birthdays.

Anyways, I had to look out of the window on this ride because my phone wasn't working with this crummy wifi.

But guess what!?

IM NOT ON THE WINDOW SEAT!!!

Plus the girl that's sitting there is reaaaaaaallly cute.....

It's hard not to stare.

Although, I do admire her bravery in dying her hair blue, a feat not surpassable by many, and a really cute upturned nose, kinda like a button. She's also staring out of the window, so she can't see me.

She also doesn't notice me.

Why isn't she noticing me?!

"Hey, I...." Shoot. I'm stuck. So I say.. "could you move out of the way I'm trying to look out of the window."

She glares at me, turning away completely and blocking my entire view with her back, a beautiful blue raindrop tattoo adorning her bare back.

I can feel my cheeks rising in heat.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were glowing. How could I have screwed up a simple conversation so badly?! I just want her to look at me!!!

"Ummm...."

She whipped around, glaring at me "what is it this time, come to tell AT me again? Spit it out shorty."

"No I just...." I gulped. "I want to apologize. For snapping at you. I just kinda need a friend."

The blue haired girl stared her down some more. "I'm Lapis."

"Peridot."

"Nice to meet you."

"Same goes for you."

And Lapis broke down. She started telling me about her abusive relationship with a girl named Jasper, her feeling stuck, and how her neighbors were trying to break them up, and how she finally just let go, and was taking this bus to get away.

"I'm here."

Lapis smiled. "Okay."

They hugged, and Lapis whispered "Thank you" softly in my ear.

I hope I can restore her faith in love.

Have fun with this
👌🏻👍🏻