Jaspis Reverse AU

Requested by peridot_leaderofCG ! Enjoy!

"Jasper!" A shrill cry tore from the blue gem's lips. "Have you seen Steven???!!"

Lapis ran into her friend's exceedingly meaty arms, looking at her expectantly.

"Did you ask Peridot?"

Lapis exhaled loudly "She's on a mission. She's checking the Kindergarden."

"Lapis, I think you should put more faith in him. After all, he is the son of a Diamond." Jasper pushed her wild hair out of her unnaturally smooth-skinned eyes, furrowed only slightly when looking down at the worried Gem. "C'mon, he'll be fine. He's probably just out cavorting with the humans."

Lapis huffed, her elbow placed delicately in her hands as she sat down on the couch. Jasper flopped down next to her.

After an awkward couple of minuetes, Jasper scooted closer.

Lapis didn't notice, seeing as she was too busy wringing her hands.

The intimidating woman slid closer to her unsuspecting counterpart, a ruddy blush creeping up on her face. Now, all that had to be done was to close the last couple of inches between them.

And Jasper decidied to pull out the big guns. Well, the second biggest guns she owned.

The pick up line.

She learned these from that Internet Peridot was always on, and on the Television that Steven had in his room.

She pulled out a long, drawn-out exaggerated yawn, pulling her arms out around Lapis' thin blue body. NAILED IT.

Next she leaned in a little bit, shifting her body weight onto Lapis, letting her know she was there. It was working like a charm. Wikihow sure knew what it was talking about. As Jasper opened her slightly trembling mouth to deliver the final blow, that would smite the mighty walls between their love, a love so wonderful and magical and.....

"I mean, isn't he always back by now? Even Connie wouldn't keep him out this long without checking in!" Lapis' body shot out of the perfectly romantic scene and onto the floor, starting to pace back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

As the rant continued, some "irrisponsible!" and often some "Oh Steven..."s were heard. All Jasper could do was let her shoulders slump in defeat, an even redder blush creeping up her cheeks as she let her hair fall back over her face.

Jasper continued to make herself look as small as possible, very embarrassed that she had put her feelings out so boldly. She wasn't normally the one to initiate contact.

"Maybe you could call his cell phone..." mumbled the once stoic Gem into her hair, trying unsuccessfully to blend into the couch.

Exclaiming what a great idea that was, Lapis rang Steven up, securing that he was safe, and visiting his dad.

Lapis collapsed back on the couch, a small smile on her lips.

"Now, what were you going to tell me?'

"Hi.....??"

"What's wrong?" When Jasper didn't answer, Lapis pushed the mane out of the opposite Gem's eyes. A smile tugged at the blue Gem's mouth when she saw Jasper's blush. "Now where were we..... Ah yes..."

Lapis placed Jasper's arm back around her, snuggling up to Jasper's meaty sides.

They sat in compatible silence for a minute. Then Jasper leaned over.

Purring into Lapis' ear, she whispered

"You must be a broom.

Because you sweep me away."

SO MUCH FUN TO WRITE!!!!! Comment any other oneshots you want to see!!!!!