Yellow x Blue Zircon Soulmate AU

For a super nice user by the name of StoryDreamer321, who was just so nice when she asked for this. Love you! Hope it meets your expectations.

As a successful lawyer, Blue Zircon saw everything in black and white. Quite literally, because until she meets her soulmate everything appears in monotone colors. All Gems go through this. It has been thousands of years and Zircon was starting to doubt if she would ever find her soulmate.

But finding the one who she was going to live with forever wasn't that important now. She just had to make a case for her client, a cracked Gem, once a great warrior who fought in the War for Earth. The only problem was that because of her highly unstable state, she had fluctuated and caused the injectors on a newly colonized planet to fall and break, wasting their resources.

The court was deciding if she would be held accountable or not.

Even though Blue had a solid case, backed up with facts and examples of past verdicts, she still had her work cut out for her. The colony was Yellow Diamond's.

Blue knew that the ruler, unlike her own lusterous Diamond, was unforgiving and insistant on perfection. So the scale was tipped away from her even before the trial started.

And then there was one more problem.

THE Yellow Zircon was her opponent.

Yellow was someone Blue had only heard about from word of mouth. She never saw her in person, so it was logical to conclude that some of the truth had been stretched when dealing with this "legend".

Blue breathed in, closing her eyes. The room was so cold, the scent of iron was lost in her nearly frozen nose. As she exhaled, the door opened.

She came in before the opposing side, taking this breif moment to look over her notes. The black and white of her tablet bored her, so she jerked her eyes up from it to meet the other lawyer entering the room.

And everything burst into color.

Blue gasped, her noise only mirrored by that of Yellow Zircon's voice squeaking out an indignant yell. As they stared at one another it dawned on them that the precense of a Diamond was not the best place to run into your soulmate's arms. They were still, at this moment, enemies.

The case went by in a blur, ending in one of Yellow's few defeats. The evidence backing Blue up was too convincing. But she didn't care.

And Blue wasn't about to gloat.

"Hey." Blue stopped at the sound of Yellow's voice. She was going to go hide in her quarters until these new colors weren't as shocking. Then she could face her supposed soul mate. "Can we.... Talk?"

Blue whipped around, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape, to see that the other Zircon wasn't as far away as she first suspected.

'S...So...." Blue finally found her voice. "I...I can see colors. How a..about you?"

A smiled curled on her soulmate's lips.

"Yeah. And... your eyes are beautiful."

"You're beautiful. In fact, you are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." A deeper shade of blue creeped up farther on Zircon's face as she said this, pulling her hands over her face, afraid Yellow would laugh.

She only reached over and pushed Blue's trembling hand away from her mouth, placing a soft kiss where her glasses met the now incredibly dark blue cheeks of the Gem.

"Want to go look at all of the new colors?"

"Yeah." Yellow took her lover's hand, covering it in her own. They walked out into the courtyard together, and would stay together for the rest of their lives.

That was reaaaally fun to write. I might just write another.........