Soccer Coach?

Day 10

How ironic. Chase and I together in class. How lovely.

Today, Addy got in a fight with my friend Connie, over text and I gotta say, it was pretty massive. Connie defended herself well, and I'd say she won the fight.

Addy needs to stop sucking up to the boys, it's getting annoying, she knows it and I know it.

My lunch table had been invited to a pool party tomorrow, and my friend Lauren and I weren't even invited. Lauren and I don't care though, we don't like the people who are hosting the party or who are going. Addy decided to flirt with the boys and put some disgusting crap on their lunch table. Who even knows what in the world what it was, it was gross. Way to flirt, way to flirt. Way to also get in trouble to clean it up, which was quite lovely and quite funny. They got what they deserved.

I was called to the main office a couple minutes ago, thinking I was in trouble. Luckily, I wasn't.

I play varsity soccer for Meadowlands High School. That's where my brother goes to school, and where my siblings and I will go, and for an odd reason, the coaches of Meadowlands were there.

The news I received was astonishing. I was chosen to coach the Ten Oaks Middle School soccer team. Now, you may be asking why I put 'astonishing' in there. This is rare. Absolutely rare. I, a seventh grader, was chosen to be a coach for my own middle school. Would I be able to manage this time?

They told me that practice at Ten Oaks starts at 3 and ends at 5. They also told me that I will still be able to play for Meadowlands, because varsity practices from 6 to 8.

Did I say yes?

Of course I did! Who wouldn't? Coaching my own middle school team would be a blast!
Wouldn't it?

Avery Elaine Collins, Ten Oaks Middle Women's Soccer Coach