Kiko 13

Out of all the times I had been woken up, I think that this time would be the strangest. 

A loud alarm shrilled loudly, ripping me away from sleep. Startled, I looked around, and noticed that I wasn't at camp anymore, but was instead in some sort of cell. I sat up, noticing that both my sword and gauntlets were gone. Strangely enough, the door was open. I could immediately sense that it was a trap: No one, not even Jack would put a person in a prison cell without a way to keep his prisoner from leaving. Out of natural curiosity I walked over to test the trap out. Before I could get to the door, a large, snarling, metallic hound sprang up into my face, its teeth gnashing. Its eyes constantly switched colors, neither of the eyes consistent. I stepped back into my room, unsure of how I could defend myself from this thing. But I never had to, for as soon as I stepped away from the door, the hound shrank away into the shadows.

The threat was no longer visible, and I took a few deep breaths of relief. Once I calmed myself down, I realized danger was still imminent. It wasn't safe to sit around and wait. I had to find a way out before anything else got to me.

I lifted up my shoes, and carefully removed the bottom, extracting from them two sharp knives. I palmed them, quickly checking over my body for any other hidden tools to help me.

Yeah, I know. Isn't that just convenient? I just happen to have two secret knives hidden in a secret compartment in my shoes. But then again, I'm not a normal teenager am I ? I'm a boy, I like knifes. Deal with it.

Concealing weapons in clothing added metal weight to my lifestyle, which is how I knew I my backups were missing and nothing besides the two knives were left hidden. Jack's men had probably thoroughly gone through and taken out the rest of my collection. That was even more reason to crush them alive. 

With the two knives in my hands, I ran out of my cell, this time expecting the hound. When it came, I stabbed it in the head with both hands, and its whole body shuddered at the impact. After a few seconds, the hound dropped, its eyes no longer glowing. 

With my blood rushing to the top of my head, I sneaked down the corridor. I watched for any other hounds that might attempt to attack me, but to my relief, I didn't find any. I was almost to a door when a guard came down the hall, spotting me in alarm. I tried to rush him, briefly catching him off guard. I managed to stab him once in the side before I felt an intense pain in my own. I looked down to find that right as I had stabbed the guard, he had simultaneously jabbed me with a taser, which was currently jammed into my side. On the verge of passing out, I slashed the knife across his face, which made him lose hold of the taser. Temporarily freed, I ran away from him. I was almost to the door, hopeful that I could escape, but I never made it. All the commotion had summoned the attention of other guards, and my freedom became short-lived when one guard managed to come out of nowhere and tase me. The shock overwhelmed me, and I blacked out, falling into an unconscious, dreamless sleep.

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was the silence. This time, instead of waking up in a cell, I was in a brightly lit room. One major thing that was different was that my sword lay next to me, my gauntlets already strapped onto my arms.

Jack must be crazy, giving these back. If he gave them back to me, I must need them for a reason.

I flexed my hands, making the lights around me dim. I could feel raw power going through my arms, almost too much for me to bear. Although the rush of energy refreshed me, it also brought with it something darker, more ancient. It made me more aware, heightening all of my senses. I ran out of the room, this time entering a long tunnel. After running for what seemed to be an eternity, I ended up in an enclosed clearing, absolutely full of kids. Fortunately, none of the kids looked like any of my friends, which made me very thankful. For if Jack had held any of my friends in this room, I wouldn't let him live another day.