Millie 19

I stood next to Edward, surprised at Snow's audacity as she took on the three dragons alone. My legs turned to jelly as soon as I realized the full extent of what was happening, which was my first mistake, because the dragons chose that exact moment to spew their deadly flames. Instinctively, I sluggishly dove to the right, barely managing to miss the barrage. Cassie turned invisible, and ran around slashing anything she could, trying desperately not to get caught. Alex turned into a phoenix, and launched himself into the air. He attacked the hounds with a ferocity with which I had never seen in him, scraping their flanks, and burning them with his unnatural fire. One hound, seeing that I was seemingly defenseless and alone, snarled and ran at me. I could almost feel the surprise that it felt when I blasted it with a bolt of ice. Unfortunately for the hound, it could no longer move, because I had shot a razor sharp icicle into its previously attacked side. It's eyes dimming, the thing finally shuddered one last time, and moved no more.

Who knew that icicles were so dangerous? I mean my mom had always told me to stay away from hanging icicles, but I always thought she was exaggerating when she had said that they impaled people. The things you learn, the things you learn.

I had eliminated one hound, but I soon realized that there were still three hounds as well as three dragons left. Edward gave a mischievous look to Alex, and then looked back to the dragons. He sheathed his knife then breathed in deeply.

"What are you doing?" I screamed. "You're going to die! Take your knife back out!"

"No, i'm not," he smiled. "I'm simply making things a little bit fairer here. Can't have the opposition win can we?"

He ducked down right as a dragon swung its tail at him, then he turned back towards me.

"You know what the best way to fight dragons is?" He asked, his face sparkling with excitement.

"No, what?" I shouted irritable. "Stop getting distracted and fight!"

"Well I thought you would like to know," he said, his excitement visibly dropping. "To fight dragons, you need to become a dragon."

And with that, he took another deep breath, and transformed into an enormously terrifying green dragon which, once fully transformed, towered over the other three dragons.

"Time to have some fun," said a voice in my mind. "Better find some cover Millie, for things might get a little warm."

I jumped in surprise, for it was Edward's voice, but he couldn't talk in his dragon form, so imagine what I felt when his voice came into my head.

"Don't just stand there gaping at my awesomeness," laughed Edward. "Do something, fight."

I guess he was also talking to the other dragons in the room, for as soon as Edward had mentally spoken to me, an expression of embarrassment came onto their armored faces. They snapped out of their amazement, and after becoming fierce again, attacked Edward once more. But unlike the previous time, he was now on their level, and things didn't seem to look very good for those three poor dragons.

I looked behind me, and was surprised to see that the creature that we thought may be Kiko, as well as all the guards, were still standing patiently in the same spot they had been in when we had arrived. They seemed perfectly composed, as if none of the flaming dragons or hounds unnerved them. The dark creature even looked bored, like we were failing to entertain him. Do you know what I did next? I did the most stupid thing I've ever done in my life, and decided to engaged him.

I ran straight at him without having any second thought about it. As I extended my hands, two sturdy icy daggers grew from my gauntlets. I know, you may think that ice is extremely fragile, and that it would break with the first hit against it and yada yada yada. But this isn't any old ice off the street is it? It's magic, ye of little faith, or did you forget?