Epilogue

Water dripped onto the table, startling the slumbering figure sitting next to it. He looked up at the cavern ceiling and frowned at the sudden emergence of the water.

"Gonna have to get that fixed," he muttered, shaking his head.

"What are you going on about over there old man," snarled a new voice. "Talking to ourselves now are we?"

"Got a leak in the ceiling," said the first voice. "Nothing too special."

"Well, you better not let the water drip onto the device. Snatching it from Jack's compound was hard enough. We can't have a little water ruin our plans for revenge now can we?"

"I'm surprised that that my stupid campers didn't take it back with them," laughed the first.

"Yes, yet they were smart enough to take Jack as well as his ring," said the second, emerging from the darkness.

"Oh Jack, Jack Jack Jack. We gave him everything he needed to succeed; money, men, power, yet he seemed to have failed in every way."

"That depends on how you look at it," frowned the second. "He did manage to steal the device from Rushford."

"I suppose that I can give Jack that one success. But after all we did for him, he still managed to get defeated by a bunch of weak stupid kids. After his gauntlets were destroyed, that is."

"Failure after failure after failure," hissed the second man. "We cannot let that slide."

"It's time to initiate plan B," ordered Orion with an evil grin. "Ready the temporal relocator."

Then with a flash of orange, both men disappeared, taking the device with them.