Chapter 4

**Annie's POV**

***Press Release Day***

Moonday June 16, 2014

        I pace up and down my apartment. I'm so nervous for the press release. What if no one likes me? The hate will surely be unavoidable. I look at the clock, 12:30, in half an hour my world will be turned upside-down. People from all over the world are tuning in to see what big news One Direction has in store. All of my friends and family will be watching as it's being broadcast-ed live.

        There's a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I said while trying to look through the peephole which was just out of my reach.

"It's Liam! Hurry or we'll be late!"

        I quickly grab my shoes and head out. We get there just in the nick of time, at 12:50. We are told what to do. To be polite, don't fidget, blah, blah blah.... The order is going to be Niall, Harry, Liam, me, Simon, Zayn, then Louis.

        As soon as I'm on stage you can hear people mumbling "Who is that?!", along with more collective murmuring.

        We all sit down and quickly Simon starts to explain. He explained how I will be the opening act for One Direction's tour, my name, age, where I'm from, and why they picked me.

        Then he asks for questions for me. My heart instantly enters my throat when every reporter's hand went up.

"How do you feel about this?"

"Are you sure you are ready for such a commitment?"

"What kind of parents let their teenage daughter to go on a world tour with five male strangers?"

        The questions overwhelm me and I have no idea what to do.

"One at a time please!" Simon stated

"Boys, how do you feel about having essentially a little girl on tour with you, you will have to take care of? Are you ready for such a responsibility?"

"Well we haven't got to spend much time with her yet but she is no little girl for sure. She is very responsible. She doesn't always need use to look over her shoulder all the time. She is very funny and comfortable around us. We have no problem with her, and she is an amazing person and artist." Niall stated.

        I could feel my checks getting hot at that statement.

"Annie, being so young and being away from home for a year, do you think you will get homesick a lot and leave the tour?"

"I'm positive I will get homesick quite a lot, but I would never quit the tour because of it. I'm honored to be on tour with them, and even though my family won't be by side through it all they will be in my heart."

"Simon do you think she is ready for something this big? Being on tour with the world's biggest boy band at only 14?"

Simon responded said " I definitely think she can handle it or I wouldn't have brought her into it."

        After a few more questions we left, and as soon as we were off stage Simon came up to me and said "Great job love, you handled it very well." I replied with a thank you.

        I will probably be on major headlines very quickly because this kind of thing doesn't happen to often.

        We all eat and head back to our apartments. Tomorrow we start writing and recording. We say our goodbyes and go to our own apartments.