Chapter 5: The Night Things Changed

It was a week since we had our big victory against Charles High School, and I was home doing my homework, you know after getting everything fixed obviously. I called the cops and It wasn't Grace, it was some guy named Gerald. Anyway, as I was very concentrated on my work I get a message from an unknown number telling me to look outside. At first I didn't trust it I thought, it was some kind of joke so I didn't look. Then I heard pebbles being thrown at my window, so I went and looked. I took a peek and freaked out cause it was Jason! I swear, whenever I'm just about to get over him, he comes back into my life! I can't with him honestly. He texted me to come down because he had something important to tell me. I snuck out so Rachel didn't know, and ran down. I saw him and I felt like Grace was going to come out and tell me something, but she wasn't there. We were so up close I couldn't believe it myself so I nervously said, "Hey Jason. Long time no talk." He laughed and said, "Yea, hey sorry about Grace by the way, she can get way out of hand with her jealousy." I just smiled and held silence. He took my hand and took me to his car, I really felt nervous now, It doesn't matter how much I hate Grace I still didn't want problems with her. I hesitated on getting in and he assured Grace wouldn't find out, so I got in. He began to drive and the silence was so awkward, so Jason decided to break the silence. " So Sophia you seem to be ignoring me ever since I dropped you off at your house" I really didn't know how to respond to that so I just laughed. I wasn't planning on telling him that his girlfriend is trying to kill me. "I know Grace told you to stop seeing me a MD but I didn't think you'd take it so serious" My eyes opened so wide, Owls would be jealous. He looked at me and said, "What you thought I didn't know?" " Did she tell you or what?" I responded. "No I over heard her saying it" he said. We then had the same awkward silence again for 10 min. "You're a totally different person on court, than in real life you know?" he said. I look over at him and smile, "I don't know you well enough to reveal my true self" He laughs. We finally stopped at some house, I was pretty sure it was his. "Welcome to mi casa" he said... yup, just like that. So I get out of the car and he takes me inside and sits me on his couch. I know most people would be happy about this but i'm honestly pretty nervous because I have no idea what's going on. He gives me water and we begin to talk. It was weird cause we talk to each other like if we have known each other since kids. Its been 2 hours and we have been talking and he finally told me his "news". He recently broke up with Grace! She was cheating on him with Tom Stetson, the football player. I couldn't believe it, he treated her so good and she did that to him. He also told me that ever since the day we met he couldn't stop thinking about me. I WAS going to tell him I felt the same way but I didn't have the guts. It then got silent and we were staring deep into each others eyes, and as that happened Jason was leaning in for a kiss, it was going to happen! Then things went downhill, Grace was at his door, banging and yelling, "I KNOW SHE'S IN THERE! YOU DON'T FOOL ME!" I got up in a panic and Jason grabbed me and sat me back down while he attended her. I couldn't hear too much but what I could hear was "Grace it's over, please leave or I'm calling the cops." Then I heard crying and a car drive off. He then came back inside and sat down next to me and said he was sorry. "No need" I said. He looked at the T.V and put a movie so we wouldn't be bored. As we watched it I felt my eyes closing slowly, and I felt my sleep getting deeper, and then everything was pitch black.