Myth

Chapter 6

"W-who are you?" Felix stammered, staring at the red haired mellow.

"I'm Mark." The mellow smiled warmly.

"I'm not one of the poachers that hurt you" he continued, looking down at Felix softly.

"Where are they, the poachers?" Felix asked.

"I'm sorry..." He paused. "We lost them after the fire... I'm sorry," Mark said softly, as if he was regretful of something.

"W-why did they set our forest on fire?" Felix asked.

"Siren scales are high on the market right now" Mark frowned. "And siren scales don't burn" Mark looked down at the ground as he talked.

"B-but who would want the scales of a siren?" Felix stuttered.

"They sell them for high prices... people think they're lucky, others think there just pretty to look at, some just want to see all mythics dead.." "but that's why we're here to protect you" the mellows eyes lit up as he talked.

"Were part of myth, an organization here to stop them." The mellow with blue hair piped up.

"Myth was organized long ago to help protect the mythics that were still around.... after everything the poachers did." Mark looked behind Felix  for a second as if looking at something else.

"That's why we took you here, after your forest burnt" the blue haired mellow said, looking worriedly at his friend.

"Where am I" Felix asked.

"Right now your in our emergency tent, we couldn't really travel all the way back to the city in one night."

"The city?"

"It's one of the four sanctuaries, emerald, quarts, carnelian and pearl. It's where myth is located, they're the city's where the guardians live and learn." Mark explained.

"Oh.." Felix looked at the ground, trying to process the new information.

"Where's jack?" Felix almost shouted, surprising the mellows.

"The mermaid?" The blue haired mellow asked, looking at the tent door.

"He's a siren! Where is he?" Felix stammered.

"He's in the medical tent with Tyler-" the mellow paused at the sight of Felix's face.

"No! He's gonna be ok, he's in good hands, Tyler's the best in his healing class." He continued.

Felix nodded, looking at the mellows.

"Anyways, what's your name centaur?" The blue haired mellow asked.

"Felix, you?" The centaur said.

"Names Ethan!" The mellow said.

*********

"So why do you have us here?" Felix asked Mark, who was sitting on the chair next to him.

"Well right now we're fixing you up." Mark responded matter of factly.

"Oh ok can we go back to the forest when your done." Felix asked.

"Well.... um..." Mark rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Your forest is kinda... still on fire."

Felix's face fell. "What.."

"Oh... well you welcome to stay with us at Sanctuary till they finish fixing it up?" The guardian asked.

"Oh.. ok" Felix thought over the question in his head, did he really want to stay with a bunch of mellows?

What would  happen to his poor forest.