Pond

Chapter 4 new outline

"Of course.." Jack hissed silently to himself, the centaur that wouldn't stop bugging him was back, throwing rocks into the water.

Jack swam up to the surface, a bit to quickly, looking the centaur in the eyes, "get out of my pond, horse breath" clicking his tongue as he propped his arms on a rock to stand out the water so his head was level with Felix's.

"You don't own this pond, Scaly." The centaur replied, flicking his tail pretending to be uninterested.
"And you don't own that man purse." Jack spat, his fins starting to stand up as he motioned towards the faded orange purse that hung at his side.
"It's a satchel!" Felix huffed.
"Who'd you kill to get it?" The siren chirped, tail splashing at the water.
"I don't kill! I'm not a savage." Felix growled
"Like me?" The siren chirped, looking into Felix's eyes, a hint of confusion bleeding through his tone.
"That's... not what I meant!" Felix said, looking down at the water.
"Sure.. thing hooves..." the siren turned and swam back into the water.
Felix turned his head to the trees, not wanting to watch the siren's fins as they disappeared under the water.

*****
Felix blinked his eyes lazily, tail flicking against his flank, looking down at the water, he saw a pair of blue eyes staring up at him. "Hey fishface" he said, sitting up and staring down at the siren.

"Hey horse butt" the siren said, sitting on a rock near the edge of the water.

"What'd you want" Felix mumbled.

"Howsya?" Jack chirped.

"Good..?" Felix asked, turning his head in confusion.

"Good." The siren chirped before diving back towards the water .

"What a weird mermaid." Felix huffed, more to himself than anything.

Turning sharply, the siren swam out of the water and looked up at him,  "I'm not a mermaid" the siren mumbled.

Laughing to himself, Felix sat down by the water "oh you arnt now?" He remarked, smileing wildly.

"I'm a siren not some prissy merman" the siren mock-hissed.

"Oh I'm sorry Mr siren, because you truely strike fear into the hearts of mellows everywhere." Felix said, motioning his hands sarcastically.

"At least I'm not some stupid horse." The siren laughed

"Excuse me?" Felix mock gasped "I'll have you know I'm the smartest horse in the forest"

"Your the only horse in this Forest...." jack laughed, splashing water at the centaur.

*****

Felix kicked the ground with his hoof in frustration, dislodging the dirt and grass.

"What am I going to do with you, your destroying the forest.." he heard a voice laugh.

"Jack!" The centaur yelped, quickly turning around to look at the siren.

Jack was smiling wildly, sitting by the side of the pond. "Howsya" the siren chirped happily.

"Hey fish face" Felix greeted, sitting down toward the bank of the pond.

"Horse breath.." jack mumbled under his breath before turning to dive back under water

"Wait don't leave yet!" Felix said in confusion.

"Why not?" The siren questioned, looking st the centaur in confusion.

"Because I want to talk to you?" Felix said, not really understanding the conversation.

"What?" The siren shook his head before diving back under the water.