Chapter 21

Mayuri looked out of the window rubbing her eyes, as usual the fog in the fields around looked beautiful. But this morning was better than all her mornings before in this house.

She was attended by her Grandmother nicely and people in the house cared for her. Her father who rarely spoke to her ever, was smiling at her last night and appreciated her for making delicious food.

Keeping her right cheek on the pillow she blinked her eyes and welcomed this morning. Then turned around looking for her mother who must have gone to start her early morning prayers...

Sluggishly she got up from the bed stretching her arms and then her eyes fell on her phone that displayed fifteen missed calls... quickly picking up the phone she saw Rishab had been calling her since early morning but due the phone being on silent she couldn't hear.

What would he think about her, why didn't she picked up? If he's angry? What if he doesn't talk to her anymore? All these questions intensely startled her and she kept on thinking for almost few minutes...

But then her phone rang once more and this time she quickly answered...

"Hello... I was sleeping and ma my ph phone was on silent so ..."

She started telling him nervously and he stopped her in between "did I ask why you didn't pick up my phone?"

Mayuri was quiet at his stern voice, he was definitely angry. Hot tears gathered around her eyes

"No..." she said timidly

Rishab knew this time she must be extremely tense, he smiled and pretended to be angry "It looks like only I want to talk to you, and you just want to sleep"

Mayuri started sobbing at his tone...

"You will get a punishment for this" He stopped making her wonder if he would never talk to her...

She couldn't utter a word, as if the tears from her eyes also choked her voice

She could hear he had disconnected the phone and cried bitterly thinking she has hurt him... she did wrong.

He's so caring and here she's not even concerned about him and didn't even say sorry to him... she felt like slapping herself.

Not having enough forte to call him back she kept the phone near the bedside waiting for the next minutes so he would call her back... but he never called.

"Mayuri..." she heard someone at the door and quickly wiped off her tears...

"Sapna...how are you?" Mayuri smiled at her best friend standing at the door and rushed to hug her...

"Mayuri, I am good. How are you? And congratulations on your marriage"

Mayuri looked at mother who came from the front... "Woken up? Now go fresh up and come for breakfast"

Mayuri nodded and pulled Sapna into the room "when did you come?"

"Yesterday... and I got to know you were here. So thought I will meet you" Sapna said adjusting her Sari

Mayuri watched her wearing a heavy sari "why are you wearing this sari? You are not in you in laws house"

Sapna smiled and nodded at Mayuri "I know, but I like wearing sari. My husband brought me so many last month"

Mayuri was happy for Sapna who was her childhood friend. Her house was not so far form hers. Sapna got married few months back when Mayuri was still studying in Delhi.