Chapter 33

The Doctor came out of the operation theatre... "Ms Singhania.... We are sorry to say..."

Rishab got up from the couch looking at the doctor...

"What happened Doctor?" Rishab irately shouted

"Please calm down" said the Doctor "Durgeshwari Ji has a serious head injury because of which she's in trauma. She can see people and hear them but she can't move anywhere, nor can she talk."

"What?" Rishab tried to comprehend the problem

Doctor looked at Rishab who felt miserable "I can understand your situation Mr Singhania, but there is still hope. If she gets something that can make her happy and lively, then there are chances that she gets better."

Rishab looked at the glass window, he wanted to hug his Grandmother...he will definitely make her better...

"Don't worry Rishab, Durga is very strong. She will be better soon" said Kamlavati

After staying in the hospital for three days, Durgeshwari was discharged for home care.

-------------------------------------

Rishab appointed a full time nurse for her, he made sure she was looked after properly...all her diet, medicines were given on time.

"Nurse, please keep these medicines in that small fridge" he said casually walking in her room to check if everything was alright...

Nurse looked at Rishab "I just pray, some miracle happens and she recovers"

Rishab turned around thinking something "miracle will happen soon"

He knew Durgeshwari loved Mayuri a lot, in fact she felt sad ever since she heard about Mayuri's death. But if his Grandmother sees Mayuri is alive then his Grandmother would be better again and for this he will have to convince Naina to come with him to Mumbai just for few days until his grandmother recovers.

He smiled at his plan, this was the only way to get her out of the trauma...

He thought of leaving for Nainital soon...

"Sheenal, book my ticket for Nainital and also check the room booking in the hotel..."

Maya heard him while he stepped on the last stair

"Are you going to Nainital?"

"Yes mom.... Some urgent work"

Maya thought the shoot must have completed by now, it was already a week "which work? I thought the shoot is already over"

"No mom, I had to meet Heena..."

Rishab quickly rushed out of the house making Maya wonder what he was up to.

----------------------------------------

On the way Rishab thought about Naina, she's the only one who can save his grandmother's life. He must convince her to come along...

There was certainly a variance between his Mayuri and Naina. Mayuri was really shy, and she would not even talk looking into his eyes and Naina clearly cut him that day about the ice cream... he may be wrong. May be she was not Mayuri...

Just on the way, he received an email

--------------------------------------

From: msraichand@hotmail.com

To: mrwalia@hotmail.com