Chapter 31

Ever since Rishab left after lunch, Mayuri incessantly thought about him. What was he doing in Nainital? Did he get to know about her? She would never reveal that she is Mayuri, this was perhaps good for everyone.

It's been more than four months she wondered but he looked depressed with overgrown stubble, he also seems to have lost weight. Was he not happy? Was he still missing her? Did he consider anyone else in his life?

Strolling from one end of the room to another, she was impatient to find out if Rishab was happy, his happiness matters a lot to her.

Only Mr Raichand knew that she hasn't lost her memory and what all happened with her four months ago. But he wouldn't tell anything to Rishab, she had taken a promise already.

She looked outside, the evening sun had settled in the mountains... the cool breeze blew from all sides. She took her shawl and stepped out of the house towards the front garden. Her mind wasn't in peace at all...

"Naina didi"

She looked behind and saw Aisha sitting near the window...

"Aisha, what are you doing there? Close the window otherwise the room's going to get cold..." Mayuri smiled at her...

Aisha came running downstairs... "You know didi, I like Rishab. He's my friend now..."

"Where did you meet him Aisha?" Mayuri inquisitively asked her...

"In the town, he was standing outside the post office" Aisha said...

"But what is he doing here in Nainital?"

Aisha looked at her "hmm, he's here for shooting. That's what he told me"

Mayuri smiled "ok my naughty pink panther, now go and study something"

"Ok..." Aisha ran inside the house...

Mayuri fell close to the Raichand family, but she always thought of speaking to her mother in Malikapur. Thoughts persuaded and she tried calling her three months ago but when she heard her grandmother at the back,  scared that her grandmother would call Durgeshwari straight away telling them about her existence she disconnected the call . At least now they all believed that Mayuri is dead...

She recalled last time, three months ago when she called Maya Fashions to speak to Rishab...she was informed about her own death.

She had definitely not expected him to be happy because she knows he loves her but she was going away from him just because she wants him to stay happy, and if not then he must try to be happy without her...

-----------------------------

Next day

It was early morning, few people were seen on the silent streets of Nainital...the beautiful cold city, most of it now clad with snow. With attractive lush green mountains, the place filled with its own charm. Rishab was least bothered about the shoot now, his mind and heart were stuck with Naina...

He thought something and drove his jeep towards the uphill... he thought of finding out more about Naina.

Sanchi was watering the plants in the front when she saw Rishab's Jeep outside...

"Hello Rishab..."

"Sanchi, how are you?"

"Good...how come early morning"