Chapter 1 : Goodbye

Her eyes shot open but the room was black. Rope tied around her wrists and ankles so she couldn't move. The arena was silent and the concert was over. The Toronto breeze swept through the open door and past her face. She felt the coldness on her nose and bare feet. Her ponytail blew. Only the sound of her breath and the faint whistle of the wind could be heard. The dead silence scared her, and so did the rag shoved in her mouth, but what scared her the most is that Abby knew exactly where she was and what she had done.

Two Months Earlier...
Ethan and Abby hugged contently as they said goodbye. He squeezed her hard as her tears hit his shoulder. It was the last time they would see each other in a long time. They had been dating for 3 years now and it had been the best 3 years of Abby's life. Grayson stood to the side, he was feeling just as sad as Ethan was but he wasn't allowed to show it. Grayson still loved her, with all his heart. That was the only thing that the twins argued about. Abby. She let go of Ethan and asked her dad one last time.
"Do we have to move to Toronto?" Abby said not willingly as tears piled on her cheeks.
"I'm sorry sweety, You're only 16 and you can't stay here by yourself. We will all miss New Jersey." her dad responded.
She kissed Ethan and Grayson ran inside, they both thought that was weird. She continued to give him one last hug as they stood outside their small bungalow home. She grabbed her purse from the ground, hopped in the van, and drove away. That was the hardest moment of her whole life.

It was a day and a half drive until they pulled up to there new house. It was beautiful. Abby loved the new house in Toronto but she really missed Ethan already. She went upstairs and sat in her bare bedroom. The moving truck hadn't arrived yet. The phone rang but she didn't recognize the number so she didn't answer. It rang again. She picked it up only to hear Ethan's voice. He was crying and he started mumbling things that Abby couldn't understand.
"Ethan slow down what's wrong?" Abby asked.
"Yesterday, after you left, Grayson ran away and didn't come back. We just assumed he was going for dinner but he's still not here!" Ethan said through the cell phone.
"Maybe he is at a friends house. He might've been sad." Abby replied. She was very confused.
"No Abby that's not it. We just got a call from the police. They think he killed some kid named Josh, but they don't have any evidence to prove it was him."
That name rang a bell in Abby's head but she didn't know where from. She thought and thought and finally it came to her. Josh was her first boyfriend in grade 4. Abby had told no one about that except for Grayson when they were dating.
"I...I got to go." she said quietly.
She hung up and ran down stairs. She wanted to tell her parents, her mouth opened but no words came out. She was in shock. Why would he do that? Where is he? Is he in prison? How is Ethan? She called Ethan back. No answer. She called again. No answer. She called 4 more times. No answer. Now Abby was scared.

END OF CHAPTER 1
THANKS FOR READING.