Chapter 13: The End

Grayson ripped the wires off his body. Beeping sounds echoed in the halls and in the room lined with beds. He walked over to his bedside table and grabbed something. Ethan couldn't tell what it was. It looked the size of an apple maybe a little bit bigger. He shoved it in his boxers under his hospital gown, picked up the bag and looked in it. He looked around in it and Ethan watched closely to see what he was doing.
"YES!" he screamed.
He looked back to Ethan and a crooked smile came to his face. His eyes narrowed and he began to walk back towards Ethan. He shoved his hand on Ethan's throat. He could feel the callouses and dirt rubbing on his neck. His mouth plummeted right beside his ear and chills shot down Ethan's spine.
"She's mine." Grayson whispered into his ear.
Grayson ran out of the room. No shoes, no pants, no shirt, just a cloth bag and a hospital gown. Ethan watched him run out but thoughts ran and rushed through his mind. 'Grayson was never, not in a million years, going to kill Abby.' He thought to himself. He ran as fast as he could. He swung open the hospital doors but he had no car, no money and no phone. Two security guards rushed up behind him, yelling words that Ethan blocked out, and grabbed him. They had a strong grip on his arms and he began to cry. He had no idea what Grayson was going to do to Abby but he sure knew what he was capable of.

Grayson hopped into his car that Shea had brought for him. He reached into the glove box and shuffled around for the keys. He was panicking and trying to go as fast as he could. He pulled a gun out of the hang bag and shoved it under his thigh. When he pulled up to Abby's house Shea opened the door. She stepped out and closed it behind her.
"Grayson i'm really sorry, I just couldn't do it. I know it was all a plan but I really developed a relationship with Abby that I will never be able to replace." Shea said to Grayson.
"I love Abby too. You know that, but my stupid fucker brother decided to take her away and now is my only chance to get her back." Grayson implied with a trying tone as he waved Shea to open the door.
"Grayson, you're going to hurt her. I can't let you i-" She was cut off. Bam. Shea. Dead.

He ran up the stairs towards Abby's room and burst the door open.
"Grayson what are you doing here," she said as she realized he has escaped.
WHAT DID YOU DO TO ETHAN?" She yelled as he pulled her arms behind her back and put his gun in her mouth.
"Keep it shut or I will pull the trigger." He whispered.
He forced her out of her room, down the stairs and out the door. Abby tried to scream when she opened the door only to see Shea's dead body laying on the door mat. Grayson shoved Abby in the trunk. He ran back to grab Shea before anyone saw her and they drove off.

Abby was laying in Grayson's trunk. Looking at her dead bestfriend. She wished she knew what was happening earlier. She wished she could've don't something. But she couldn't. This was it. She was going to die.

Grayson made Abby pretend like she was just walking Grayson back into the hospital. He slammed the door shut behind them when they got into the room. Abby ran over to Ethan. She hugged him with all she had. She pressed her lips on his. A feeling that had been missing for too long.
Grayson gave Abby a gun and kept one in his hand. He pointed it at her head.
"Shoot him." He said pointing at Ethan.

Abby loaded the gun and took off the safety lock. She pointed the gun towards Ethan and they both closed their eyes. She twisted her body and pointed at Grayson.
"I'm not shooting Ethan." She said.
"Then I will." Grayson responded.
As quick as she did, he walked over to Ethan and placed the barrel on his head.
"Either way, you lose." Grayson said smiling.
Abby shot. Grayson shot. Grayson dropped and blood began pouring out of his mouth. Ethan leaking red from his ears.

Abby couldn't handle it. She pulled the barrel up to her head, and pulled the trigger.

See the thing is, we humans expect happy endings. But in the real world, people get sick and people die. No matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it, some stories just don't have a happy ending.