Chapter 2: Surprise

It had been two weeks and Abby hadn't heard anything from Ethan. Ethan had heard nothing from Abby. She forgot about him. It's almost like the thoughts just flew out of her head and never came back. She forgot about the tears, Ethan, Grayson, Josh everyone. Life was good in Toronto and that's all she remembered.

It was Saturday morning and she woke up, flung her feet off of he bed and slipped on the new bunny slippers that Shea had bought her. Brushing teeth was not on the agenda on a Saturday morning for Abby. The house seemed awfully quiet for a Saturday. Her brothers weren't practicing their usual guitar or playing PS4, her dog wasn't wining at the door to go outside or get more food, and her parents weren't running around looking for the keys to the van. No one was home. Abby didn't think anything of it, instead she enjoyed it and took advantage of the peace and quiet she had on that fall morning. A few moments later she got a phone call.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY" Shea yelled through the phone.
"Oh my goodness, I actually forgot." Abby replied.
They both continued laughing and talking about random stuff for a couple of hours. Abby listened and Shea blabbered on about how she had the biggest surprise for Abby. She got dressed, put on her makeup, and her favourite sweater Ethan had bought for her before she left. She had just sat down on the couch when her family walked through the door. Her mom had a big smile on her face and yelled
"Happy birthday Abbs!"
Her dad had the typical "I'm a proud dad" look on his face as he took off his shoes. He had a big white box in his hands and her brothers shot out two confetti poppers right into the living room. Abbey ran up and hugged her whole family in joy. It was a pretty good birthday but the thought of not seeing her best friend on her birthday was atrocious. She grabbed her old school baby blue bicycle that squeaked when she pedalled and biked 3 streets over to Shea's house. She rang the door bell non-stop until Shea opened the door. It was a great friendship. They laughed, cried, threw up, hurt themselves, learned how to drive, and everything else you can imagine, they did it together. By the time she got there it was 1:30. They walked into the kitchen and Shea had layed out everything to make banana splits, which were Abby's favourite. They both put extra sprinkles on the ice cream and a cherry on top of the chocolate syrup. It was at 5:30 when they were sitting on Shea's bed eating popcorn and gossiping about celebrities when Abby remembered that Shea had a surprise for her. 
"Dude! Where's my surprise?" Abby pointed out.
"Oh my gosh! I totally forgot!" Shea yelled as she laughed and ran out of the room. She came back with her hands behind her.
"Close your eyes." She said waiting at the doorway.
Abby closed her eyes and held out her hands. Shea put two small pieces of paper in her hand that felt like coupons or something.
"Open!" Shea yelled.
Abbey opened her eyes only to see two tickets. She read them carefully. 'Ethan and Grayson's 4OU Tour! Row: 1 Seats: 11 and 12.'

Abby looked up at Shea. She had a big smile on her face.

"Oh no" Abby whispered to herself.

END OF CHAPTER 2
THANKS FOR READING