VI

"So, then I went to Stanford after high school, I wanted to be a nurse... I graduated, and here I am... I worked so hard for nothing if you ask me... I'm smart, well educated, also street smart considering where I spent some of my childhood. I could walk into a doctors office right now and get the job on the spot! But, I needed a break... Maybe later." Normani shrugged whilst twirling her new hair she got the other day. It was short and straight with bangs cut right across her forehead.

Dinah nodded, taking in every word. She pondered and shoved a mouthful of salad in her mouth. "Why wait?"

Normani looked up from her own salad and raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" She asked a bit cautiously.

"I mean, why wait? You have everything at your finger tips, plus, you love helping people... You can do it Mani." Dinah smiled reassuringly as she placed a hand on top of Normani's freshly painted red nails.

"I don't know Dinah, but I mean..."

"Don't think, just do! That's what my foster ma always told me." Dinah smiled at the thought.

Normani smiled back.

"Oh, how can I ever say no to you..." The dark skinned girl sighed playfully as she grinned at Dinah, making the young girl blush.

It's only been a week since the girls kissed, they haven't ever since, due to lack of confidence and over thinking. Also because Normani doesn't see Dinah as often because of her job that Dinah refuses to give up.

"You should start taking more time of, you work too hard..." Normani sighs, changing the subject.

Dinah shakes her head. "I need to help Lauren pay for rent and food."

"But I can support you! I can buy you the castle you deserve!"

"Normani its not just that-"

"Then what else? I'm offering you the world, my world! Why wont you take it?"

"Easy come, easy go..." Dinah shrugged. "It can disappear within a second, vanish before my eyes..."

"You need to stop living off by those cheesy quotes Dinah..." Normani rolls her eyes.

"And you need to stop treating me like a fucking diamond, I've been on the streets, in foster homes... I don't need much, and I don't want much."

"But you do deserve it all Dinah, and you are a fucking diamond." Normani laughs as she squeezes the younger girls hand.

"And you're saying that I'm cheesy,"

The pair sat and enjoyed their Sunday afternoon eating lunch, they spent the morning together by the beach, Normani picked Dinah up around 9am just to cruse down by the beach and look at shops, of course Normani just had to buy Dinah a little gold necklace of a oyster that opened like a locket to reveal a pink pearl inside. It was cute... And very expensive, but Normani didn't mind, she absolutely loved buying Dinah gifts. And Dinah knew that, so she's been very careful about saying simple things like "That's cute." or "How beautiful." Because Normani will jump on it right away and buy it for her, even if Dinah practically begs her to stop buying things for her. But with the necklace, a little "Wow." slipped out of Dinah's mouth and Normani caught it about a mile away.

After lunch, Normani decided to take Dinah by her own house. Of course it was close by the beach, but not close to her parents house. Dinah recognized it from the night that her and Lauren dropped Normani off after her little 'outburst', but it was more beautiful in daylight.

"Wow Normani, it's just you here?"

"Well, kind of?" Normani laughs nervously as she unlocks the door with sweaty palms.