Chapter one

"Y- you must be joking." I whispered as I backed into the stair rail.  "No honey. You start sky high tomorrow." My dad says with a wide grin. He didn't even look up from his paperwork that was scattered all over the coffee table. My stomach turned and it felt like I couldn't breath. "B- but I thought you didn't want me to go. B- because of the-" "because of the bullying yes, but I thought about it and decided it would be best for you to go with Will and Layla." My father interrupts with a stern voice. I knew he meant well, but damn. "You have uh- uh busy day tomorrow. Go get some rest." He says as he leans his reading glasses down to look over to me.

I know he felt the same knot in his stomach as mine. Slowly I backed away before turning away and heading up stairs to my room. He had to be kidding, I mean he says no at first because "It isn't what your mother would have wanted," and now he says yes the day before school starts?! My footsteps and breathing became heavy as I burst through my door and plop onto my bed laying on my stomach. God how was I gonna be treated at sky high?! I turned over on my back to stare at my ice covered ceiling. Ice-cycles started to shine with the street light pouring into my room. I chuckled at the sight. Every time I get nervous or worked up, Ice forms.

I stare for a bit more until I rise from my bed to hurry over to me window. I open it before raising a hand to the ice and flexing my hand to which the ice then  melted.  I raised my other hand to form a water ball making a halfway closed fist. I concentrated as I moved it to out of my window and Over my plants. "Tomorrow's a big day." I whispered to myself. I took one last look at my plants on ground level before closing my window and moving back over to my bed. I crawled under my dark and light purple covers and got comfortable. I guess sky high won't be to bad since I did get my powers down. Ice and water isn't too bad from one parent, but I wish I knew if I had my moms. Still..i had the knot in my stomach as I fell asleep.

- - -

The next morning I woke  up with a jump. The night went by so fast I was surprised it was morning. A sigh escaped my lips as I closed my eyes, hating to get up and leave my bed. In all honesty, I began to have second thoughts. Maybe sky high will be worse then regular school. I mean...in bullying wise. "Honey! Wake up Will and Layla are here!" My dad shouted up to me from the stairs. I groaned before kicking my soft sheets off of me and swinging my legs over to hang off of the side. Will and Layla have been my friends since second grade and I love them to death, but they are over every morning.

I looked around my room for cloths to wear. Not to my surprise  shirts  scattered the floor, pants hung out of my drawers, and shoes piled in my closet. Man did I need to clean. I wipe my eyes as I jump off my bed and pick up a white shirt from the floor. I change out of my black tank top and slip on the lose fitting shirt. Today I didn't feel like putting on a bra, my breasts were a small size so it didn't really matter.

I then picked out a black pair of jeans and my white Converse shoes. When I slipped those on I grabbed my light blue jacket and looked in the mirror.

I hated the way I looked

I hated the way I looked. Pale skin, almost white hair, and light blue eyes. Everyone from my old school called me the albino child. I didnt like it one bit because number one I'm not albino, and it was just disrespectful in general. I lifted up my hood hiding most of my hair before hurrying down stairs.

As I descended the stairs, I saw Will sitting on my kitchen counter while finishing his breakfast. While Layla sat at the table messing with a plant. I scoffed as I jump from the last three steps catching their attention. "You know guys it's starting to get annoying seeing both of your faces every morning." I say as I slowly enter the small kitchen.  Will turns to look at me with a smirk on his face. "You're not a sight to look at either." He fires back.
Layla smiled at both of us. "Says the one who doesn't have his powers yet Stronghold." I spat at him. Layla snorts and we all share a smile.

Will gives in and hops off the counter. "Alright whatever. Let's catch the bus." He says tossing me my brown shoulder bag. I catch it while I turn on my heels to head for the door.

"Alright, maybe today will be a good day...I hope. " I think to myself as we leave my house.