chapter three

I was right behind Zach. After him, it was my turn to show my powers. I stood there shuffling on my feet as a student ran off a small circular stage that came from the main gym floor where we present our powers. "Next!" Boomer yelled. Zach leaped onto the stand so everyone could see him. "Ready?" Zach asked coach. He nodded and Zach began to prepare to show his power. After a small dance like move in place, Zach clapped his hands together before holding out his arms like he was presenting something amazing. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What are you doing?" Boomer asked. Zach looked at him and grinned.

"I'm.. I'm doing my power. I glow ya know if we could turn off the light you could see-" "SIDEKICK." Boomer cut off Zach with his powerful voice. It knocked Zach straight off of the stage. I winced at the sudden outburst. Zach groaned on the ground so I quickly helped him up. "Winters you're up!" He yelled.

I jerked my head up to look at him surprised before climbing the steps to the small stage. "Powers?" He asked. "Uh..ice and water sir." I say weakly. Everyone looked up at me with curiosity that it kind of made me nervous. "Okay, show me." He ordered. I looked around for anyone, or anything that I could use. No one or anything looked to good use. Oh well may as well try me right.

I stood up straight and put my hands together. That familiar light glowed between my hands and lightly parted my hands to show it off. Quickly to catch them off guard, I went down on one knee and slammed my hands on the ground making it freeze. It was sweet bliss to hear the ice crack as it froze over the floor. Everyone, even coach, slipped or fell on their bottoms. I giggled and coach looked very displeased. I then stood up making the ice melt into water and controlling it to wave around us before making it disburst into little rain drop to rain over us for a few seconds. Everyone clapped and smiled at me. "Sidekick." Coach said. Without any hint of hesitation.

I looked over at him disappointed. I knew I wasn't no sidekick, but he was the boss. I made a solid ice ramp and slid down it as a big fuck your to him. "Wait!" Coach stopped me. "Is that solid ice?" He asked. I turned to him and nodded with a straight face. What was he getting at? Acting like. A chick changing her mind. No wonder he yells so much. Coach nodded his head before jumping off of the stage and heading to a small closet.

Everyone shared confused looks. Zach was probably more lost then anyone with that look he had on his face. I laughed at him. Coach came back with a long sword. "Make an ice wall." He ordered. I raised both of my eyebrows at him in confusion. However I still got down on one knee and put my hands on the ground. I began to feel the ice under my palms. When I was Ready, I lifted my hands into the air and there an ice wall stood.

Coach swing the swords at it,  and the sword broke. Coach looked back at me surprised. "Hero."

Great...