Chapter eight

The nurse didn't exactly go easy on me, but she was able to fully fix my wrist. One nurse used her X-Ray vision while the other had a very painful healing factor. My wrist was now wrapped for the remainder of the day and I sat in here alone for about an hour now. They told me they would be back to release me back to class,  but I'm not sure if they are coming back yet. Whatever, I don't really bother to care anymore.

    The door swung open quietly causing me to look up to a dull faced Warren. I shifted uncomfortably in my chair as I gazed up at him. "Just wanted to see if your arm was still bent or not." I saw the corner of his mouth tick up in a centimeter grin before he slid back out of the door. I sat there for a moment in bewilderment, before snapping out of it feeling little butterflies.

My dad gave me hell about it yesterday when I came home

My dad gave me hell about it yesterday when I came home. I don't like lying to him, but I didn't want to upset him. He goes on and on about protecting his "little girl", but it will only worry him and probably have him commit a crime. I also didn't want to be taken out of Sky High. I have friends, and Warren is starting to grow on me. Sorta.

The nurses door opening with a little bang scared me. I jumped a bit and let out a small chuckle. I took one last look at the nurse before she waved me off to my next period. I shook my head and grinned. Quickly I grabbed my bag and headed to the cafeteria. It wasn't that crowded today. Most kids were taking this time to study, some were fooling around with their food.

I went through the lunch line and got a yogurt. When I paid for my food, I began to walk over to Layla and the others, but I saw Warren sitting by himself. I stopped in my tracks and started at him for a while. Poor guy has to eat alone.

Sit with him!

My mind screamed at me. I took a deep breath before I walked over and sat in front of him. I quickly looked down and kept my hands on the table.

It was silent for a bit until I heard him sigh. "You took my spot on the bleachers now my table?" He asked in a low growl. I looked up at him for a small moment. "This isn't exactly taking your spot it's joining you." He glared at me, so I shifted and confessed, "I just thought you wanted some company." I said in a soft whisper.

He starred at me for a moment or two

He starred at me for a moment or two.  "I'm sorry if I'm being such a bother Warren, I just thought you wanted a friend." I say as I look up at him. He squinted his eyes at me. "Not from someone like you." He said quickly. His eyes went a bit wide like he didn't realize what he had just said.

It struck me in my nerves. He was so nice yesterday and now he's....the same...uuugh. I got up and got my bag on my shoulder. "Hestia-" "You know Warren you aren't the only one who is rejected from people. At least I was being nice to you. Dick." I cut him off before stomping away. I just made myself look like the biggest idiot and it's my own fault. Just leave well enough alone next time huh?

How could I think I could be friends with a jerk like him?! How could I even like him? Do I even? Cause I shouldn't!!

I rushed into the girls bathroom and closed myself in a stall. I was rejected all through my years of growing up. Everyone thought I was weird, even though I was just being nice. I was being nice...why was he so mean?!