Chapter eleven

You would have never thought Warren could be so nice. He offered to buy us some dinner while working on an idea of the essay project we had to do. We sat in the Paper Lattern at a booth in a corner hidden by a wall. It drowned out the noise from people laughing and casually talking. I didn't dare want my dad to freak out about a boy being at my house, but it was better then nothing. Plus..food!

As we waited for our food, I jumped between my paper, and drawing. Warren would casually glance up from his paper and furrow his eyebrows at me. As I worked on the scared woman, I began to sweat.

I didn't realize how hard I was pressing down on the pencil until it snapped

I didn't realize how hard I was pressing down on the pencil until it snapped. Warren jumped and I starred at the broken pencil in my hand. "Okay," Warren paused as he moved his papers and mine to the side, "you've been spacing out, breaking into cold sweats, and now you broke a pencil." He says cracking up at that last part.

I smiled nervously and looked to my lap. I heard him sigh while shifting in his seat. "Hestia, what's wrong?" Warren asked with a soft voice. I looked up at him. His brown eyes went a shade darker as he looked over me. "I just.. I just had a bad dream." I say with a small shrug.

Warren puckered his lips and look at the table. "Okay...tell me about it." His eyes snapped back to me as he spoke. My head snapped up at him giving him a weird look. "What?" I ask dumbfounded. He grinned at me. "Tell me about your dream." He softly spoke. I lightly bit my lip. "Well..it was this girl running away from a wolf. And the wolf was made from like...tree branches or grass, but it was big and scary looking. Really strong." I tell him.

He nods, trying to process what I told him. "Well. You dont have to worry, I'll set the wolf on fire." He says with a chuckle. I laugh with him.