chapter nine

I walked around late that night. My dad was home passed out on the couch from watching one of his documentaries for research, soI decided to go to the Paper Lantern for some dinner after aimlessly walking around my neighborhood. Plus, It was a good Chinese food place and they weren't always so crowded. Well, so as I heard. I walked in and a nice lady greeted me. "Just one?" She asked. I nodded and gave her a weak grin. "Follow me." She grabbed a menu and sat me at a booth. She gave me a few minutes to look over the small menu. When I knew what I wanted, she took my order and told me it would be done soon.

I thanked her before she walked off. I sat there with my elbows resting on the table. My eyes still stung from my crying all after school. I know it's pathetic, but it really did hurt. To think that I could help someone feel wanted. If he didn't want to feel welcome, I need to let it go.

In time my plate was sat In front of me. I saw the steam rise off of it, so I blew cold air on it. You could see my breath as I blew. "You're not supposed to use your powers outside of school." A low voice said quietly to me. I froze at the fact I was able to recognize it.

I looked up to see Warren looking down at me. He wore a brown shirt, an apron, and his hair was pulled back into a bun. "I didn't know you worked here," I paused and looked at my plate, "or else I wouldn't have come here." I finish my sentence. I heard him sigh before he sat in front of me. I glared at him feeling a ping of annoyance from him. What more could he have to say to make me feel worse, I just wanted to eat.

"Look, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean what I said at lunch. I swear." He said with a straight like face. I twirled the chop sticks in my hand. "Why should I except your apology? Someone like me." I said with my voice hinting a little bit of attitude. He sighed as his eyes wandered to a red unlit candle between me and him. He flicked his fingers lighting the candle. I noticed the red flames tattooed on his hands and up his arm. Oof, me likey.

I tried not to smile at his party trick

I tried not to smile at his party trick. He leaned closer to me over the table. "You should except the apology cause I mean it." He said as he starred at the flame. It made his chocolate brown eyes glow. I twirled the chopsticks in my fingers as I starred at him. I could tell he ment the apology, but..oh I don't know. "I don't know Warren." I say looking at him carefully.

" I say looking at him carefully

He shifted in his seat. "I'll make it up to you." He offered. I grinned a little to his offer. "Let me sit at your table." I say looking down at my food. I heard him chuckle softly. "That's it?" He asked. I nodded still looking down at my food. He chuckled once more before I looked back up at him. He squinted his eyes at me a little bit; studying me to see if I was serious.

He smiled a bit before extending his hand out to me

He smiled a bit before extending his hand out to me. "Deal." He says raising his eyebrows. I take his hand and shake it. "Alright, I have to get back to work." He nods to me before going back to the kitchen.

I watch him walk off with a smile on my face.