12

tyler awoke to josh tapping on the window. the brunette got up, alarmed and confused before realizing the doors were locked.

"whoops," he muttered after unlocking them. josh got into the vehicle and started the car up, unusually calm. "so?"

"huh?" josh asked before noticing tylers sort of slit neck. "oh that! i scared him off and took the money he had. so basically, the mugger got mugged and you owe me your life."

"um i don't think so," tyler bit his lip, slightly confused. "so back on the road i guess."

"yep," josh smiled. the two began to drive as thick clouds blanketed the sky. "looks like it's gonna rain."

"no dip," tyler playfully hit the boy. "aren't you tired?"

"a little," josh shrugged. "i'm gonna try and keep driving for as long as possible before we stop."

"oh yeah sure, getting in a car crash sounds pretty fun," the boy replied sarcastically.

"okay, then i guess i'll drive till i'm tired," the blue haired boy huffed.

"but what if you're more tired than you think you are, we'd still die."

"fine, i'll drive until you think i should stop," josh raised his voice in frustration.

"yep, sounds good to me," the boy smiled triumphantly. tyler may have had his moments where he felt as if he was drowning in self hatred, but he was still quite egotistical and enjoyed things going his way.

the boys continued driving the slightly snowy road until it finally began raining. the water droplets fell slowly as thunder quietly rumbled. tyler looked out the window eagerly. he loved storms.

lightening struck in the distance, lighting the dull sky up and startling josh. "pansy," tyler laughed at josh's reaction.

"shut up," the blue haired boy grumbled. the rain began to pick up, causing tyler to cling to the window in excitement, watching the weather in awe.

"do you like storms," tyler asked, watching the wind shake the trees.

"no."

"what?" the boy looked at josh in shock. "why not."

"so much could go wrong," josh began. "the wind could cause a tree to go through the window or the lightening could light a house on fire or it could hit you or the power could go out."

"well." tyler returned to the window awkwardly, unsure of what to say. "that sounds like a you problem."

"no, it sounds like me having good survival skills and being able to know when there's a threat." josh tapped his fingers nervously on the steering wheel.

"sure," the brunette raised his brow sarcastically. he returned to watching the rain as a loud boom of thunder erupted.

"we're gonna stop somewhere and wait the storm out," josh spoke, clinging onto the wheel.

"are you scared?" tyler smirked.

"no."

"then what are you?"