~Chapter 6~

Jack's POV
Before going to sleep, I was fiddling with the bottle Mark gave me. I was nervous to use it, as Anti may have developed some immunity to it, yet I used it anyway. The voices were getting too much.

Bad move.

Now I'm standing in front of my neighbour, Alice's door, Mark's dead corpse in front of me. Bleeding all over the floor. I can see the trail of blood where I must have dragged him.
Mark.

My friend, Mark.

Murder.

My murder.

(Y/N) opens the door to my apartment and looks out. She spots Mark's body and yelps. Alice is still screaming. I can understand that. If I had a corpse at my door step I would be screaming to. I just stand there. I know what I've done.
What Anti's done.

I need to remind myself of that. That this isn't my doing. That I can't control it. That I have defeated this before.
But I can't this time. This time I actually killed someone.

Mark. My friend Mark.

(Y/N) grabs my arm and pulls me back. I look at her, confused, scared, guilty. She opens a janitors closet behind me and shoves me in there. She locks the door.

It's dark. I can hear (Y/N) consoling Alice and telling her it was okay. Alice is still freaking out, shouting about how she's been living across from a murderer for 3 years and she didn't know. (Y/N) still talks softly to her though. I can tell that she's tearing up though. Her friend Mark is dead in front of her anyway. Why wouldn't she be crying? Why aren't I crying? Why aren't I trying to get out of this closet? Why am I just... Accepting this.
You did a good thing.

Shut up.

No really. You killed him off. Now you actually have a chance with her...

SHUT UP! THIS DOES NOT HELP!

We could just... wipe her memory with some chemicals in here... and say that Mark just... Discarded her like a piece of trash and left...

Actually that's...
NO! I WILL NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SITUATION! I'M A HUMAN BEING FOR GODS SAKE! NOW SHUT UP OR I WILL RIP MY SKULL OPEN AND KILL YOU MYSELF!

Heheheh... You're learning quickly Jack...

Wha-

Soon...

Shut up you piece of shit. You don't know what's good. You don't care about others. You only care about yourself and revenge. You have ruined my chance for a good life, good friends and any chance of me having a family... Just leave now. You've already ruined my life...

I start to cry. Just softly, but I feel tears spill over my face. I can't understand the voices anymore. They're just a tornado in my brain, urging me to kill.

I hear (Y/N)'s sweet voice yelling in panic. She's pushed up against a wall by someone.
"Where is he..." A man asks her. I hear her choking. I kick the door in front of me.

Once.

Twice.

Three times.

On the fourth try, the door breaks open and I jump out to see a security guard, holding (Y/N) up against a wall, hand over her neck. Suffocating her. I run over and hit his hand away.

"Jesus Christ! I did it okay! I killed Mark! Just don't do anything to her!" I scream at him. He lets go of (Y/N) immediately and grabs me by the throat.

"You know how much trouble you're in don't you..." He asks me. Before I can answer, (Y/N) yells at him.

"Leave him alone! It wasn't him! He's being controlled by a spirit!" She yells. The man starts laughing.