[Chapter 18] One Reason

-Rachael's POV-

I couldn't see anything. My chest hurt. It felt like I'd been stabbed. I opened my eyes and saw that I was no longer looking at the dark night sky. I turned my head to the left and saw Anthony leaning back in the chair he sat in, asleep.

I sat up and scratched my head, looking down and seeing a scar on my chest. I started to freak out when I heard someone enter the room.

“Stay down, your stitches haven’t healed yet.” Kenya commanded.

"What the hell happened to me?" I asked her, refusing to follow her order of laying back down.

“Well, let’s just say you got stabbed and almost died.” Kenya responded as she crossed her arms, “And, may I say, I am fantastic because I saved you and Anthony’s lives! Booyah!” She said as she motioned excitedly which turned into a dance.

My eyes widened as I gasped, "We died? Like, for real?"

"No, for fake. Of course you died for real!" She retorted, " And once again I saved your life!”

"Thanks," I smiled slightly, "I mean, you could've always left me for dead. I know I would've." She glared at me, "What? It's true!"

“Yeah, well Anthony wouldn’t even let me consider letting you die.” She retorted as she looked in his direction, “Let alone, who else am I gonna bother?”

I glanced over at him and he was still asleep. A tear ran down my cheek and I laughed, "No one. Except maybe Joey." I glanced over at her and smirked.

“Ah... He told you didn’t he?” She said with a look of disappointment in her face.

"Yeah. I just don’t see why wouldn't you tell me...I thought we told each other everything, Kenya."

“One: I sorta was nervous to tell you. And two: we just didn’t know when or how, I guess.” She replied, “But I am sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.”

Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Anthony wake up. I looked over at him and he lit up, literally jumping at me and pulling me into a tight hug. "Oh my god," He whispered into my ear, "I thought I lost you."

"I thought I lost you too," I replied, burying my face into his shoulder. He sat back from our embrace slightly and closed his eyes and kissed me. And this time, instead of slapping him across the face, I kissed him back. He wrapped his arms around my back as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling ourselves closer to one another.

“Hey, Romeo and Juliet, get a room!” Kenya blurted out loud.

“Shut up and come help me clean this medical stuff up!” Lisa yelled at her.

“Of course, pick on me! It’s 'cause I’m black, huh?” Kenya argued.

Lisa, Anthony and I all laughed and Lisa defended herself, “No, it’s because I need help and you’re bothering them.”

“Oh, Okay!” Kenya said as she left the room and commenced the cleaning process.

"What about Kalel?" I asked Anthony softly, "She's going to make our lives a living hell if she finds out about this."

“Um, actually you will be glad to hear..." Kenya started to say then Lisa nudged her in the arm and gave her a glare, “I meant, unfortunately she passed.” She started mouthing the words, Die bitch!

"Is that true? When did she die?" I then went on to ask.

“The same day you and Anthony came back. I tried to save her, because someone wouldn’t just let her be!” Kenya stated as she looked in Lisa’s direction and then gave a smirk.