Chapter 1

Copyright © 2014 All Rights Reserved

Her small feet padded the cold wooden floor. With each step that she took, a creak would erupt. Her small fragile finger tips gliding across the smooth and bumpy wall, tickling her fingers. The cold air wrapping around her small body like a blanket, goosebumps appearing on her smooth and gentle skin. Her brown eyes shifting from the floor to a closed door. She slowly placed a hand on the cold handle, slightly moving it. "Rosabelle! Please come down here. We have boxes to unload from the truck." Her mother yelled from downstairs. She removed her hand from the knob and turned away. Skipping gingerly down the darkened hallway and stopping by the stairs. "Rosabelle..." A softened voice whispered out, almost like if it were an actual person standing right next to her. She turned her head to the side only to see that nothing was next to her. "Rosabelle! Please come down here!" Her mother yelled out once more. She quickly ran down the stairs almost tripping at the last step but she didn't. Something grabbed onto her to stop her from face planting the ground but nothing was there. "There you are sweetheart. Please come help your father and I." "Okay mommy." She grabbed her mother's hand and walked out of the house helping with the boxes.

"Once you finish with that last box, make sure to leave it down the stairs. Dinner will be ready in about an hour." Her mother walked out of the little girl's bedroom, leaving her alone. Her eyes wandered around her room looking at the ocean blue walls. She hugged her teddy bear close to her body looking intently at the corner of her room. It was darker than the other corners. She got off of her bed and walked closely to the corner, suddenly the shadow shifted making her freeze on the spot. She couldn't quite make out the figure but she knew that it was indeed the form of a human. "H-hi." Her soft voice rang in the shadow's ears, making a smile form on their face. Unfortunately the shadow's cannot be seen. She couldn't decipher whether it was her imagination or if it was a ghost, either way she was a curious child and wanted to befriend the shadow. "I'm Rosabelle. What's your name?" "Rosabelle." The shadow repeated the young girl's name. It was pleased with her name. "Your name is Rosabelle too??" Excitement spread throughout her face. Before the shadow could respond, her mother opened the door. "Honey, who are you talking to?" "No one." "Okay, well I told you to finish unpacking. Next week we will be repainting your room. Oh and dinner is ready. I made Mac and Cheese, just the way you like it." "Extra cheesy with spongebob macaroni?!" "Yes darlin. Now let's go downstairs before your dinner gets cold."

Rosabelle was nicely tucked in her bed, having her teddy close to her body, and the covers warm her up. Her mother kissed her forehead, shut off the lights, and closed the door. Then once more, the shadow appeared. "Rosabelle." The shadows voice was faint and hard to make out. The little girl was not frightened but rather shocked. She opened her eyes and looked around her room, spotting a figure by the same corner she saw the shadow at. "Hi, Rosabelle." "I'm not Rosabelle. My name is.." Before the shadow could finish, the door opened. "Honey, I thought I told you that it was time for bed?" "Sorry mama." Once more, Rosabelle shut her eyes, and drifted off to sleep. The shadow watching the little girl go into a deep sleep.

(Footnote: The first chapter is foreshadowing what will happen later on in the story. I'm not sure if this story is good enough and for the first few chapter's I'll be writing in 3rd person.)