Chapter 8

Alex POV

Hercules and Lafayette had been talking and laughing in the other room while I sat in pain. I just wanted to be alone, I just wanted to jump off a cliff.

Lafayette - Mon ami, why don't you get up. We'll take you to the bar, you can forget about your feelings!

I was going to protest, but I decided against it. I just needed to get my mind off heartbreak. I need to stop spending so much time on tears.

Hercules drove us both to the bar. Well atleast, that's what I thought. When I got out, I was faced with the library. The library where I met John. No no no. I couldn't do this.

Alex - WHY DID YOU BRING ME HERE!! YOU KNOW I HATE THIS PLACE!!
Herc - You love it.
Laf - And even if you deny that, you will love it even more if you just walk in.
Alex - NO I WONT!!!

I started shaking and sobbing, but they pushed me inside. It was pushed into something. This something was very warm, loving, and I felt like I've felt this something before. I looked up to see those same brown and green eyes. Those same beautiful freckles. That same curly hair. That same warm smile. The man that I couldn't stop loving even if I try.

Alex - What do you want John?!
John - I want to explain to you.
Alex - Then get it over with.

I heard the door close as Lafayette and Hercules locked the door. It was just John and I, and there was no way to get out of it.

John - Look around look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now. Now that I remember.....

I was stunned. He had written a song for me. And he just told me....that he remembered! HES REMEMBERED!! Does that mean he still loves me?!

Alex - How long have you known?
John - A few days or so!
Alex - John, you should've told me.
John - I saw my phone and I screamed like a fanboy
Alex - No
John - I saw the name TurtleBoi.
Alex - You called me Lexi.
John - IIIIII could never forget. I knew that you loved me with all your heart.
Alex - And I still do.
John - Now it's time for me to do my part. Look around, look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now.
Alex - Will you relish being a Hamilton, to be with a being who is masculine.
John - I'd relish being that man. Look around Look around. Look at where we are. Look at where we started. The fact that we're alive is a miracle, to stay alive, that would be enough. And if my love, shares a fraction of your smile, or a fragment of your mind, look out world, that would be enough. I don't pretend to know, the challenges your facing, the worlds you keep erasing and creating in your mind. But I'm not afraid, I know who I love. As long as I can kiss your face everyday, that would be enough. We don't need a legacy, we don't need money, if I could grant you peace of mind, if you could let me inside your heart, oh let me be a part of the narratives, in the story they will write someday, let this moment be the chapter, where you decide to stay. And I could be enough. And we could be enough. That would be enough.
Alex - John....
John - Sshh, don't cry Lexi.
Alex - I love you.
John - I love you more.
Alex - My dearest Laurens.
John - My darling Alexander.