Chapter 7

Eliza POV

I had a date with Aaron today! He was the doctor at the hospital. I was so happy that the universe corrected its mistake! And maybe I could finally be happy with someone.I stayed in the restaurant Aaron told me to be in when he walked through the door.

Eliza - Oh! Hi Aaron!
Aaron - Hey...Eliza....um
Eliza - Is there something on your mind?
Aaron - I'm just gonna go out and say it, I have a girlfriend.
Eliza - What?
Aaron - I'm sorry, I already have a soulmate. Her name is Theodosia and well, we're together. I'm very sorry, I wish I could help.
Eliza - No, it's okay. It's happened before.
Aaron - What do you mean?
Eliza - That boy that was sat next to me at the hospital. His name is Alexander. He was my soulmate, I wasn't his. His soulmate was actually my brother. I guess I'm just a mistake of the universe.
Aaron - You're not a mistake! Don't say that! Not all girls need a man or a woman you know! And hey, I'd like if we can still be friends!
Eliza - Yeah, I'd like that. Thanks Aaron.

So that day, I hung out with Aaron. As friends. We went to shops as friends, laughed as friends, and went home as friends. I know that Aaron told me not to say it, but I really think I am a mistake of the universe.

Alex POV

HOLY CRAP HE SAID LEXI!!! I was about to scream, but John was already asleep. After all he's been through, I think I should let him sleep. But the only thing I dreamed about was John saying Lexi, over and over again. It proved that he could gain his amnesia back. THAT one horrible nickname was giving me all the hope I needed.

I couldn't do it anymore. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and texted Angelica.

HamSandwich - ANGELICA
Schuyler1 - Wut
ANDPEGGY - HOW IS JOHN
HamSandwich - Oops it's the group chat
HamSandwich - Where's Eliza
Schuyler1 - IDK probs asleep
HamSandwich - Well anyway, I was hugging John goodnight and he called me Lexi
Schuyler1 - ...
ANDPEGGY - HOLY POOP
Schuyler2 - Go to sleep guys

The next day, I decided to go on a walk with John. I told him about Lafayette, Hercules, his sisters, his dad, the purpose of a soulmate, color, and our past. John had thought that everyone was born with color, and that soulmate was just a term and wasn't meant to be taken seriously. We sat down on a bench and stared at the sky together.

John - I'm so sorry Alex.
Alex - John, none of this is your fault!
John - I know it's not that!
Alex - ...
John - Alexander, I don't think I love you anymore.

I clutched my heart. I was just a series of emotions. My heart would break, connect, then break again. I couldn't take it. John, the person I love more than anything that ever exsisted, doesn't love me anymore.

John - I think I'm just gonna rent an apartment. I think it's best if we have some time apart.

I nodded and pushed in my tears. I didn't know what he was gonna do next but I wasn't gonna be here to see it. I wiped my eyes and ran away. I ran to Laf and Hercs place. I knocked on the door and let myself in. I jumped on Hercs bed and started crying and screaming as loud as ever.

Laf - MON AMI!! WHAT HAPPENED??!!
Herc - ITS JOHN ISNT IT!!! GOD, WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME!!! AAAAHHHH

I told them what happened. The whole thing was just a ray of emotions. Hercules and Lafayette looked broken hearted. They had been there since the beginning. They had worked so hard to get us together, to make us happy, they were so happy watching their OTP blossom right in for the of them. Now all that happiness just went down the toilet. Or you could say.....all that happiness went down the John! HAHAHA To soon?

John POV

I watched Alex run away right in front of me. I wanted to go after him, to tell him a lie just so he could be happy. But I think he needed time. I said I was going to get a hotel, but I didn't really know where to go really. I walked down the street as rain poured down my body. I felt a buzz in my pocket. I grabbed my phone. It was a message from the group chat. I have a group chat? I looked at the usernames.

Schuyler1 - Angelica
Schuyler2- Eliza
ANDPEGGY - Peggy
DontSayNoToMe - Maria
MyPantsAreHot - Hercules
FrenchBaguette - Lafayette
HamSandwich - Alexander
TurtleBoi - John

....turtleboi.....TurtleBoi.....TURTLEBOI!!!

I remember. I REMEMBER!!! I REMEMBER IT ALL!! I remember Eliza giving me my book. I remember seeing Alexander for the first time. I remember Alex saving me from my dad. I remember meeting Herc and Laf. I remember my sisters. I remember seeing grey. I remember my dad kidnapping me. I remember every single thing that happened.

I remember loving Alex. AND I STILL DO!!!

I threw my phone in my pocket. I danced around and shouted.

John - I REMEMBER!!! I REMEMBER!!!
Maria - John?
John - That's me!
Maria - What do you mean by "you remember"?!
John - I remember my boyfriend, and everything that happened.
Maria - Get in my car John! We are getting the girls and bringing you to Alex!!

Maria drove me to my sisters house. She grabbed my arms and pushed me inside.

The three of them looked up at me. Wondering why we were soaking and why Maria looked so excited.

Peggy - What is it babe?
Maria - He remembers.

Eliza dropped her book. Angelica put her hand over her mouth. Peggy fell off her chair.

Eliza - John, what do you remember?
John - Everything.
Angelica - Do you remember us?
John - Of coarse!
Peggy - YOU STILL HAVE THE HOTS FOR ALEX??!!
John - Yeah, I love him.
Peggy - AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! TAKE NOTES SHAKESPEARE!!!
Angelica - Well you have to tell Alex. He's probably heartbroken.
John - He is. But how could I ever make it up to him.
Eliza - He loves you John. Just show him that. I'm sure he would think that that would be enough.
John - IM GONNA WRITE HIM A SONG!!!
Angelica - Whatever you want!

This was going to be the best song ever. Because it was for the best boy ever.