Chapter 13

If you are reading this. Put on Stay Alive reprise and It's Quiet Uptown. .....I'm sorry for what you about to read. But don't worry, this is Lams.

Lafayette POV

I stood in my living room, watching two children cry and roll around on the floor. Their names were Phillip Lams and Hercules Mulligan.

Herc - But...I...Just...Want...To...Be...A...FLOWER GIRL!!!!!! AAAAAUUGGHHHH!!!
Phillip - Lala?
Laf - Yes Phillip.
Phillip - Wa....wat happened to my dads? Are....are they coming back?
Laf - Oh Phillip.....I.....I don't know.

Phillips face was red and puffy. He wiped his nose and walked into the kitchen. Hercules looked up at me and sighed.

Herc - No child deserves to go through something like this.
Laf - Alex and John both had bad pasts.
Herc - Guess it runs in the family haha.....
Laf - ...
Herc - To soon?
Laf - Well, he sure is being strong about it. He's a flipping five year old for petes sake!

I crouched on the ground and put my hands in my knees as Hercules rubbed my back and whispered soft words to me.

Laf - Wha....what if they never get back together?! What's gonna happen Herc!
Herc - I don't know Laffy, but whatever it is, John and Alex are soulmates, and nothing can change that. It's going to be okay.

Alex POV

I had recently arrived back in Nevis today. Turns out I was here because.....my mom was dying. I wasn't in America illegally. My mom was sick. And she wasn't going to be getting better. I walked into the room and saw my mom on the hospital bed. She looked absolutely horrible.

Alex - M...mom?
Mom - Hello Alex.

I ran to my moms side and held my hand in hers. My dad walked outside. He knew my mom meant so much to me, and that I should be the one to say goodbye.

Mom - How are you honey?
Alex - Mom, you're dying, you can't ask me how I'm doing!
Mom - I see that there's no ring on that finger.
Alex - There was.
Mom - Was?
Alex - I....I have found my soulmate. His name is John Laurens. You would've really liked him.
Mom - What happened?
Alex - I was going to leave and he got in a big fight with me when he found out I had to leave.
Mom - I'm sure he was just worried about you.
Alex - But he...
Mom - Do you love him?
Alex - Mom I....
Mom - Do you love him?
Alex - Yes.
Mom - Then after my funeral, I want you to go back to John. Nothing can ever break the bond that soulmates have.
Alex - I love you Mom.
Mom - I love you Lexi.

My heart shattered at her last word as I heard the heart monitor drop. It was just a long beep that rushed through my mind. I looked up and could see John in that bed instead of my mom. My mom appeared as a ghost next to me.

John Mom - WHY DIDNT YOU SAVE US??!!!

I yelped as I stood back and fell to the ground. I looked back to see Phillip behind me.

Phillip - Goodbye Daddy.
Alex - PHILLIP!!!
Angelica - YOU WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED!!! CONGRATULATIONS YOU BASTARD!!!
Eliza - THIS COULDNT BE ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!
Herc - LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!
Laf - YOU'VE MADE A HORRIBLE MISTAKE!!!
Burr - YOU COULDNT HAVE WAITED FOR IT!!!
All - You've lost him!!
John - I hope that you burn.....

Voices echoed in my mind. Blackness was all around me. I ran out of the door and pushed my dad out of the way.

Dad - ALEXANDER!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!
Alex - I HAVE TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT!!!

John POV (2 day later)

I watched the life pour out of my child. We had barely had him and he was already here, miserable. It all happened so fast.