Chapter Four

"Okay, but Gray, there's a difference between doing it right and getting alcohol poisoning.." I say to him, kind of nervous. Seeing the liquor in his hand is making the fact that I'm drinking for the first time all the more real.

"But is there though?" Grayson asks, laughing. "Plus, I've seen my mom drink a whole bottle on more than one occasion." He says. "Have you ever seen your mom drink a whole case of beer?" He asks.

"Well- Yeah. And Mamma has drank a bottle of wine before.." I say.

He must be able to tell that I'm nervous, because he looks at me with a smile, putting the bottles down. "We don't have to if you don't want to." He says.

"Its- No, I do. I'm just worried about getting caught." I tell him, truthfully. "Like what if they notice it missing."

"Look," He says. "I haven't really told you this, but they drink it a lot more than you know about. Easily three bottles a week, okay? Which means they buy more every week, they're just gonna think that they drank more one night."

"Do they like.. Have a problem?" I ask.

"I mean- no. I don't think an issue per say." He says and thinks. "Just they like wine, in excessive amounts at once."

"So an issue." I say.

"Maybe." He shrugs. "My point is, you have nothing to worry about. I'm not trying to pressure you into anything, I just don't want you to talk yourself out of it and regret it."

"Pass me a bottle." I say with a sigh.

"You're sure you want to?" Grayson asks me.

"Stop being a pussy and give me the bottle." I say, laughing.

"I've never heard that word come from your mouth before." Grayson laughs.

"What word?" I ask. "Pussy?"

He nods.

"Well, you don't have bros to hang out with, so I'm trying to give you the best of both worlds." I explain. "Don't be a knob, lets go." I joke.

"Rowan, no offence, but you suck at being a bro. I don't mind not having bros to hang out, just be yourself. You're being weird." He laughs. "I don't think Ethan even talks like that."

"I bet he does." I shrug. "Come here, I'm a rob you and beat the shit out you." I say as 'Ethan'.

Grayson puts his head down with a smirk, giving that a small laugh. "All around people pleaser, really." He says, finally picking the wine bottles, handing me one. He pops his open and hands me the wine opener to do the same.

I sniff mine first, automatically cringing. "Oh my god, that smells so bad."

Grayson sniffs his too, his nose crunches up a little. "Yeah, that smells pretty damn bad." He says, shaking his head. "But, it doesn't necessarily taste how it smells."

"On the count of three?" I ask.

Grayson nods. "One." He says.

"Two," I say nervously.

"Three." He says as we both put the bottles to our faces and take a big swig.

I swallow it but barely. "Oh my god, that's awful." I say, taking another small sip, sending a chill all the way up my body. "So bad."

"I actually don't mind it." Grayson says, taking another sip. "I actually kind of like it."

"You disgust me." I say and take another sip. "It tastes like.." I take another swig to put my finger on what it tastes like. "Rotten juice."