Chapter Nineteen

Rowen's POV

I wish I could tell you whats going on with Ethan and I. But, to be honest, not much has changed since we told each other about the feelings we're confused about having for each other. Like, little things have changed. The relationship is a little more flirty, he tries harder to be funny around me, then I end up laughing because he's so unfunny. He's kind of touchy feely now too, I guess. Like, he'll tough my arm or leg when I make him laugh. I don't know why I'm being so observant with this, but I'm starting to notice little changes. But, we still have the same friendship as we did before, which I'm really happy about.

I've talked to Grayson about it, asking him if he's okay with the mutual feelings between Ethan and I. He said he thinks it's great. He said that I'm really good for Ethan and he likes how I keep him level, which I didn't get at first, but the more I thought about it, the more I did understand. But, something that he did say struck me interesting, he said Ethan does the same for me. He said that Ethan also seems to keep me grounded. I never knew that I needed to be grounded. I thought I was pretty down to earth. Or maybe he just means something I'm not smart enough to understand.

Either way, I guess it doesn't matter too much. All I can really say at this moment, is that with the way things are right now, I'm happy. I like how everything is going and falling together. Right down to moms filing for Carl's adoption. They explained to him that chances are that it's not going to go through, but they told him that they want him to be a permanent member of this family either way and that they're going to do everything they can to make that happen, and even if the adoption doesn't work out, they still love him the same and think of him as their own.

I'm glad they're doing this for him. He needs that reminder that he's just as loved and matters just as much as the rest of us. I guess things are coming around for him too, because him and Austin are hardcore thing-ing right now. They just don't want to rush into anything and make it official before their ready, it's been going on for about three weeks now, since Austin basically confessed his love in the theatre room, the same day Ethan and I confessed confusion between each other.

I run downstairs to find my moms as I get off FaceTime with Ethan and Grayson. Luckily, they're watching TV on the couch. "Hey, moms?" I ask.

"Whats up love?" Mamma asks.

"Can I go over to Grayson and Ethan's tonight?" I ask.

"I don't see why not." Mom says. "What do you think?" She asks Mamma.

"Of course you can." Mamma says. "It wouldn't have been too fun for you here tonight anyways. Carl has another soccer sleepover." She tells me.

I can't help but chuckle a little as she says that.

"Whats funny?" Mom asks.

"Oh nothing, just a picture that Ethan sent me. You wouldn't get it. Inside joke." I explain, which is pretty good for off the top of my head.

"Well, I think it's great that Carl's getting so involved." Mamma says. "He's come a long way."

"Yeah, he's getting really hands on." I say and laugh again. "I just think it's good that he's making friends," I say, trying to be more serious.

"I think him and Ethan were a good start for each other, they were kind of in the same boat, you know? They took each other under their wing and now they're both doing a lot better. Ethan is a whole different kid than last year." Mom says. "I remember last year, when the cashier at the store called 911 I was driving the ambulance that night and I saw a lot. He did a number on that poor dude." Mom laughs a little. "He was in complete hysterics. He was screaming, swearing, swinging, crying. It was bad, he was just nasty."