Chapter Six

"Grayson, you don't understand." I tell him as I lay back on the stage we sit on for lunch. "Every single one of my classes." I say.

"Like so far?" He asks.

I shake my head. "I asked him what his schedule was in first period." I say. "Turns out I have every single class with him."

"Wait, hold up.." Grayson says. "He actually responded to you when you asked him a question?"

"Well, sort of." I say. "Not really no, I asked what his schedule was and he slammed the paper down on my desk."

"That sounds more like him." Gray says. "I'm sorry he's such a dick, just try to bear with it."

"It's not your fault he's an ass." I say and give him a little smile. "You're not in charge of his actions."

"I just don't want you to start hating me. He's my twin brother, and I don't want his actions to reflect on me."

"That's never going to fucking happen." I say. "I love you enough to put up with Ethan, you don't have to worry about be bailing because your brother- who is a separate person is a dick."

"I wish other people would see it the way you do." He sighs. "Speaking of Ethan, where did he go when the lunch bell rang?" Gray asks.

"I don't know." I tell him. "He went in an opposite direction from me. I was already on edge because he was sitting next to me all day, if I followed him at lunch too he'd probably snap." I explain.

"Yeah, you're probably right." He says. "He's been sitting beside you too?" He asks, caught off guard.

"Most of the classes are pretty full." I explain. "But, yes. He's been sitting beside me. Nobody else ever does so I always have an empty seat beside me. It's either me or the smelly kid, usually. I'd pick me too, to be honest." I say as I start to think about where Ethan actually did go after class. I know he couldn't have left, he's parole and he'd get in so much shit for skipping. He's around here somewhere, probably alone, which does make me feel bad for the kid, I know what that's like. Before I moved here and made friends with Grayson, I was always that kid that was alone at lunch, and honestly, that got me more looks than being friends with Gray ever did.

"Yeah, I guess." Gray says. "If it were me in the class, he'd probably sit next to the smelly kid."

"I'm surprised he hasn't. He seems like the type to purposefully sit next to the smelly kid just to spray him with cologne." I say. "He's kind of a dick to the teachers, too." I say, and laugh a little at one of the comments he made in our child studies class.

"He's kind of a dick to everyone." Grayson says and sighs. "I hope people can tell us apart enough to know that he's not me."

"You guys don't even look alike, you'll be good." I say.

"You're the only person I've heard that from." Gray laughs as the bell for class goes off. "See you in a couple hours." He says with a smile before we get up and walk to our classes.

On my way to my class, I try to look for Ethan, so I can maybe show him to our next class. As much of an ass as he is, he should know his way around. But, along my way, I couldn't find him at all, so I just walk into my class, to see that he's already sitting there. I go over and sit beside him. "How long have you been here?" I ask.

He just looks over at me and shrugs.

"Were you alone at lunch?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

That throws me off. "Who were you with?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes. "What is this, 21 fucking questions? Mind your business." He snaps, scaring me a little bit, I can't handle being yelled at, so I just fall back in our seat, not letting him see that that bothered me.