Chapter Five

At the moment, I'm home alone waiting for my moms to come home with my foster brother. Who's name I forgot to ask in all the excitement, I guess I'll know soon enough though. Suddenly my phone started ringing. I look down to see that it's Grayson calling me. "Hello?" I answer with instantly.

"Dude.." Is all he says. I can tell he's in a panic.

"Take a deep breath." I tell him. "What's going on?"

"It's Ethan." He almost whispers. "My parents got him a day early."

"Is he there right now?" I ask.

"Yes. I saw him and ran upstairs. I didn't know what to do. My parents said everyone agreed that it would be better to get him today so he could get his first week of school in." He tells me. "I don't know what to do. It wasn't real until he was standing at the door, giving me a dirty look"

"You're okay, Gray. If it's too much, you can come here."

"I've already tried to, mom said I have to stay here tonight to make sure Ethan gets to school in the morning."

"It's okay, I guess we're just gonna have a car full tomorrow." I say. "Everything is going to be okay. You don't need to stress, chances are you're not gonna have to worry about having too many classes with him, our school doesn't like having siblings in the same classes."

"Yeah, that's true." He sighs.

"And you won't have to hang out with him at lunch." I point out. "Not that he'd probably want to anyways." I say. "You'll have to see him about twice a day."

"I guess." He says. "They already emailed him his classes, but I'm too scared to ask him what they are."

"Yeah, I wouldn't even bother asking, Gray." I tell him. I say as I here my moms pull up in the drive way. "I've gotta go for now, my moms are back with my foster brother, text or call me if you need anything." I tell him. "And I mean it, okay?"

"Okay, thank you." He says. "Bye."

"See you tomorrow." I say as I hang up the phone.

Suddenly I feel kind of nervous. Like, this is my first impression on someone who is going to be in my life potentially forever. Should I be seated a certain way? Should I have dressed up? Should I go dress up? No, I don't have time for that. I put my phone in my pocket as I stand up and walk over to the window to catch a glimpse. He is a tall, blonde haired blue eyed guy, he looks nice enough. I go over to the door and open it before they're half way up the drive way. "now, we didn't decorate your room too much because we wanted you to be able to do that yourself so it can be the way you want, but we did cover up the vomit green colour that was spread on the walls." I hear mom say.

"That is great thank you so much!" He says.

"You're very welcome, hun." Mamma says. "And this is Rowen, she's our daughter, I think you'll get along just great."

"Nice to meet you!" I tell him, extending my hand to shake his.

"I'm Carl." He says, pushing away my hand and pulling me into a hug. "It's so nice to finally meet you, when they told me I was going to have a foster sister, I was ecstatic!"

"Aw, I like him!" I say to my moms. "We're keeping you, let me show the house." I say as he walks in with me. I give him the tour of the house, our house isn't huge, but big enough to make conversation about. Carl and I instantly got along, I wouldn't believe that he's two years younger than me if they hadn't have told me. He's very mature for his age, it's kind of crazy. "Lastly, this is your room!" I say, swinging the door open. "It's nothing much, but we did at least paint. My best friend helped us paint it, you'll get to meet him tomorrow at school, he's cool shit."