Chapter 19

Chapter 19
Maddie's POV

My dad smacked my face violently. I shrank back in fear, "What the fuck is wrong with you, I hate you little bitch!" He tugged my hair back and threw me against the wall. "Josh!" I shrieked in peril.

Suddenly the door fell down with a slam and Josh walked in and crossed his arms across his chest. "I suggest you should set her down before I do it for you." He said in a low tone that could make any girl faint in amusement.

"What the fuck are you gonna do about it?" My dad rolled his eyes and drew his fist back, to prepare to pound my face. "How about this?" Josh grabbed his elbow and twisted it backwards. My dad screamed in sudden pain. Josh punched his gut and he hunched over, contracting from the painful contact. Finally Josh elbowed him between the shoulder blades, making him fall to the ground helplessly.

My mom ran up behind Josh, ready to attack. Josh simply lifted his fist and punched her in the face, making her tumble over unconscious. "Josh!" I reached out and enveloped him in a hug. He grasped me tightly and held his hand around my head to keep me from tearing off of him. He released tensely and I leaned in to kiss him, but a whirl of tentacles burst through the wall behind him and a squid pulled him away.

"Josh!" I woke up in fear sweating bullets, my body refused to let me sit up from the ground. I heaved a heavy sigh, it was all just a dream, but it felt so real, well except for the squid part.

I realized I was left on the ground from my most recent brutal beating. I was paralyzed on the ground. My body ache greatly all over, but what could I do about it. My hero left me hanging.

I was all alone.
===========================

The next day I woke up in the same place, but my parents neglected to help me. I was sore and aching in extreme pain everywhere, but I could limp onto my left knew and drag my right leg behind, to get down the stairs.

I hobbled over to my bed's side and hoisted myself up on top. The small trip took the little energy I still contained out of me and I laid on the bed breathlessly.

My phone began to vibrate loudly and I reached over to grab it, but was too far. I moved aside and yelped in pain and left my injured hand laying on my tummy while reaching with the other. I finally grabbed it from the nightstand and looked to see I had 12 missed calls from Josh and 6 worries texts.

Joshy💕- Hey Maddie Merry Christmas!🎄

Joshy💕- I got you a present because my surprise didn't go exactly as planned.

Joshy💕- Maddie are you mad at me?

Joshy💕- Maddie please tell me you're ok!

Joshy💕-MADDIE?

Joshy💕- Maddie please!

The last text was from this morning, it seemed to be around noon and I used what energy leftover to type.

Me- SOS

Then I turned over and closed my eyes in exhaustion.

__________________________

"Paige hand me my phone!" I said quickly as I munched loudly and obnoxiously on a Cheeto Puff. I had heard it vibrate loudly and hoped it was Maddie.

Paige picked it up and peeked at the message, but turned completely white. "Paige?" I swallowed the last chip in the bag. She dropped the iPhone without moving, which worried me greatly.

I grabbed my phone hastily and read the text it was from Maddie.

MaddieMoo😘-SOS

My face turned as white as Paige's and I was speechless. "What could it be?" Paige slipped on her new Christmas slippers and shook me to my senses.

Suddenly everything poured out of me senselessly and I realized, it's my fault.

"Paige go grab our bikes Maddie's hurt badly, we need a distraction!" I said quickly looking around.

"I've got an idea!" Paige ran upstairs and returned downstairs with a Girl Scout sash and her makeup kit.

Paige had done Girl Scouts up until last year, when fifth grade was over and she had started sixth grade. I remember Paige was crazy about winning the hand prize of selling the most cookies that she forced me to lug around a wagon full of melting chocolate cookies until she sold all 200. No wonder the neighborhood loved Paige so much.

Paige also used to force me to play with all her Girl Scout friends so she could me the most popular girl in the group.

One year at the annual picnic she forced me to be the prince with all her 2nd grade troop friends while they played princesses. They had lined up and puckered their lips, Paige had forgotten to mention we were playing Princess and the Frog and I stomped off furiously and sat at a picnic table across from Maddie...that was the day I visually saw her get slapped by her mother, before we had officially met.

"What's that for?" I scoffed, having my doubts. "You'll see," she smirked.

A/N: 😏😏😏😏😏 20 votes and 3 comments for more