EPISODE 19

The doctor comes out of the O.T.,and everyone rush towards him..

“How is--”

“I’m sorry--”

“What do you--”

“We tried our best to save her.. But she is in a condition known as brain death… she is basically dead… No use saving her…”

Asha faints… and Bejoy rushes to hold her and aids to her.. Dev falls on the floor… tears burst out of his eyes…

When he notices Sonas’ bag… he picks it up and finds her scrap book..He opens to read it… when a paper from between the yellow old pages falls at his feet.

He bends to pick it up.

The doctor is seen talking to someone..

“I have done what you have told me to.. Please leave my family now… they will take her body for cremation today…”

“No.. It has not affected her memory--”

“Yes.. No memory loss but--”

“I can't afford to give her shocks.. It will worsen her cond---”

“Yes,partial memory--”

“See… it may cost her life--”

“Please do what you want to… but leave my family…”

“I will”

The doctor cries and writes Sonas’  death certificate. He then goes to the room and pushes an injection to Sona and covers her face with white cloth.

The entire family is shocked and upset.. Unable to bear the truth.

Dev slides the letter into his pocket..and puts her book into his bag and goes to have one last look at Sona.

*********

The entire family was dressed in white… while everyone mourned for Sonas’ death. Dev,being Sonas’ husband..performs her last rites.. From putting fire to the pyre...to pouring her ashes into the river..

Everyone watches tearfully..

Dev finds a rock to sit upon. He looks into his pockets for the letter.. And begins to read it.. :

°°°°°°°°°

Dear Dev,

When we first met among the rusticity of the coffee place… I wanted our relation to be that old… I did not know you then… neither your name.. Nor your position nor your story… I did not even know if you would reciprocate… when i scolded at you for spilling coffee over my papers..  You got quiet. You looked cute. Your sorrows...that time even if I had not known.. I knew you were upset… Cold and lonely.. I wanted to be your support.. I started to love you.. I did not even know when… How .. Where i had fallen.. But I am glad I did… you were the best thing that had ever happened to me… an accident separated me from my parents… that same accident brought me close to my parents...though my life was not so sorrowful like yours…

Whatever it is.. But since our first meeting...I wished to grow old with you… and tell our grandchildren about our very different love story..  

I wanted our love story to be as old as centuries and more to come...but “HAMARI RISHTA TOH SIRF 6 MAHINI KI HAI”

The faster i learn to accept the truth… the better..

Life plays dirty jokes on us… yet I promise whether or not you love me… I will always love you… Selflessly… protect you from every problems… even if that costs my life..