Chapter One: Mystic Falls

Mystic Falls. One of the many towns in Virginia. One that didn't really poke out on the map. One that nothing bad ever really happened.

A place I've lived in all my life, my hometown. A hometown to many peole and families that'very been here for generations. Mystic came from the word mystical, as if this place was built on sacred ground.

It was said way back when it was first built, witches were the ones to build most of the town, that's why it was quick to build. But others say it was because the people were great builders.

I believe the first observation, only because it came out of a book, not a mouth. Books held lengths of history that could go as far back as the beginning of the world. People wrote about their lives and those held truth.

I would say I was somewhat obsessed with the history of our town, only ease it was very interesting. The amount of founding families that were still in this town was astonishing and was very interesting to hear why they are the founding families and what sticks them out from the rest.

As usual, I cooped myself in the library and read through a book I had surprisingly hadn't read yet. About the founding families. My finger pointed our each word unread as it slid across the page.

"Is anyone sitting here?" Someone asked.

I looked up from my book, my eyes needing a second to adjust since I'd been staring at the words for so long what it was fuzzy.

It was a guy, taller than me of course. I didn't even have to stand to know that. His brown hair stuck up. A light brown jacket hung over his shoulders onto of other clothes and sunglasses peeched on his face.

"No, go ahead." I said, extending a hand toward the seat infront of me.

He sat, setting his bag down and pulling out a textbook with a piece of paper. It was for history, my favourite subject.

I eyed him. "Not to be rude, but why sit here?" I looked around the room, seeing at least one or two open seats for him to take.

"I got a good vibe off of you. You seem like good company." He stated. Hm, good observation.

He flipped the pages, landing on the correct one and began reading, although it hardly looked like he was. It seemed like he already knew all the answers.

I looked back to my book after a few seconds of watching him. When I tdied to read the words it just got all jumbled. I guess that enough for today.

I was ready to leave, but I didn't want to leave him alone and think it was bad of him to sit with me. I flipped a page, scanning it fast. I heard a snicker and looked up at the guy.

He was smiling at me. "You can leave if your finished. Don't let me keep you." He said.

I closed the book. "You weren't. I was just going to feel bad if I just got up and left." I stated. He looked new. Everybody knew everybody, and I didn't know him.

"Are you new to town? I don't think I've ever seen you before." I asked. He nodded.

"I just moved. I'm Stefan." He introduced, standing up with me and taking my hand.

"I'm Willa." I shook his hand and smiled. "It's nice to meet you Stefan."

The bell rung signaling it was time for next period. Stefan packed his things and followed me out of the library. I put the book in my bag, knowing I'd read it later.

"So, how's the student body treating you so far?" I asked.

"Good. I've gotten a few stares and glares, but everyone has been very welcoming." He informed.