Chapter Four: Salvatore Brother and The Comet

Given Stefan's address the next morning, along with an offer to tag along that was politely declined, I drove my way through Mystic Falls to a boarding house.

I don't know why I didn't ever check this place out before. It was this huge place that'd been rebuilt over the years. It was really nice. I can't believe Stefan lived here with only his uncle.

I knocked on the door, hoping he was home. I didn't see a car but I assume it's in the garage. There was no answer. I tried again. Then somehow it opened. Strange.

I walked inside. Technically this wasn't trespassing, the door opened itself. Inside was really ancient interior. Long red curtains and a large living room with designed carpets and a glowing fire place. Brown leather couches were across from each other with a glass coffee table in between.

"Trespassing, that's a new one." I whirled around to face a guy with a very much mysterious look. Very familiar to me somehow.

"Uh, the door was open. I'm sorry. I was looking for Stefan." I stammered. His stare was kind of intimidating.

"He should be here momentarily. Have a seat." He ushered us into the living room and onto one of the couches.

"I'm Stefan's brother, Damon." He said. The brother that was very distant? Stefan never said his brother was back. That name too. I heard it before.

"I'm Willa." I introduced. It was creepy how familiar he was to me, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Nasty cut you got there, Willa." He said, directing to the covered bite on my neck.

"Animal attack. Stefan found me actually." I gulped. Why did he make me so nervous? He was attractive no doubt, but what was with the bad gut feeling I was getting.

"How heroic of him." Damon poured himself a glass of borbon. He tilted the bottle my way but I declined.

"I thought you were distant, according to Stefan." I stated.

Damon shrugged. "We're on and off. I leave for a few years then come back."

"Willa?" Stefan was suddenly in the living room, looking back and forth between me and Damon.

"Hi Stefan." I got up from the couch and walked over to him.

" I didn't know you were coming over." He said. Shoot, I should've told him I was coming over.

"Sorry, I should've called. I just wanted to ask about when you found me the other night." I said. He nodded, his eyes flickering over my shoulder.

"I had a diary with me. The one I was reading when we were at school. It's missing, I assumed you'd picked up when you found me." Stefan's eyebrows furrowed which meant he had no idea.

"I only found you. The diary was nowhere." Stefan again looked over my shoulder at Damon.

I turned around to see Damon leaning against the doorway frame, tossing back the last of his borbon and giving me a smirk. I cleared my throat and faced Stefan.

"I should get going. I'll see you at school." I said and touched his shoulder before leaving.

"Nice to finally meet you!" I heard Damon call.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

The comet was tonight, as Tanner said, it would be it's brightest around dusk. It hasn't been over Mystic Falls in 145 years.

Earlier I helped Bonnie and Elena hand put programs, silently listening to them talking about Stefan. It was good for Elena to find someone after her family tragedy. She deserves it.