Chapter Seven: Family Ties

Today I awoke with a massive headache, not that I didn't see it coming. I also awoke to learn that there was a huge mountain lion that was captured and instantly responsible for killing Tanner and the other victims.

I looked in the mirror, moving my hair to check the cut. Not huge and thankfully no longer bleeding. I cleaned it up a bit more and put a new bandage on it before getting dressed.

The founder's day party was today and Bonnie had asked me to go with her beforehand. I don't know if she'd let me now with my head.

When an unknown number came up on my phone, I somehow knew it was the works of my best friend. "Hello?"

"Hello Willa" I frowned. It wasn't the voice I thought it was.

"Damon. How did you get my number?"

"I believe there's this book that hold all the numbers of Mystic Falls, I'm not sure if you've heard of it." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm familiar with the phone book, Damon. But why do you need my number?" I walked down the stairs slowly.

"Stefan seemed pretty upset about something. So I thought I'd call." I scoffed. The churn in my stomach still gave me a bad feeling.

"I sorta got punched in the face by Tyler Lockwood." I confessed as I walked into the kitchen.

"Well aren't you smart." I snorted at his comment.

My mom decided it'd be a great time to pop a question. "Is that your boyfriend?"

My mouth hung open. "Oh, my god. Mom. No." I prayed to god Damon did not hear that.

"Wow, Willa, I'm a little hurt that you denied our relationship so quickly." I could practically see his smirk.

"Oh my god, goodbye Damon." I gasped and hung up.

My mom wore an amused expression. I glared at her. "Seriously? You couldn't just say 'who is that?' "

She laughed. "My only purpose was to be the cause of your embarrassment." And she thought that was so much better of course.

"Wow. Thanks. I'm going now, bye." I waved and left. I was no longer in the mood to hear her speak about embarrassing me even more.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

I headed over to Elena's so we could get ready together. Elena had just given Tyler the box of antics to use for the founder's day party. I'd already filled them in on the weird call with Damon today.

"Delicate Flower vs Naughty Vixen?" Bonnie asked, holding up two nail polish bottles.

"Tough call. Can we mix them?" Elena suggesteD jokingly.

"Look at you. Getting all pretty for your date. You seem happy-ish" Bonnie teased.

"I am...ish." Elena replied. "Tonight is going to be a good night, but don't let that stop you from telling me whatever it is you wanted to tell me as soon as you walked in the door." Elena pointed a finger at Bonnie.

I raised an eyebrow. "I would like to know this information that needs to be told."

"What if I tell you guys in the morning? I don't want to ruin the night." Bonnie pleaded as she chose a nail polish bottle.

Elena stole the bottle from her grasp and gave her best friend a look. "Bonnie, out with it."

Bonnie hesitated. "Okay, but this has to go in the vault, because Caroline will kill me if it gets back to Damon that she squealed."