Chapter Five: Dates and Dinners

Chapter Five: Friday Night Bites

"World war two, ended in..." Tanner was looking for someone to answer. No one really wanted to.

I noticed Bonnie was scribbling all over her notebook, I couldn't see what it was though. We'd tried many times to get ahold of Caroline but no luck.

"Anyone got anything?" Still no one

"Miss Juan?" She shrugged.

"1945." Tanner answered. "Pearl Harbor?"

Elena and Stefan whispered to each other. All I caught was Stefan saying, "can't, I'm a loner." Which made me chuckle.

"Miss Gilbert?" Tanner caught her attention. "Pearl Harbor?"

"December 7th, 1941." Stefan and I said at the same time. I blushed. He looked back at me and smiled. I applause him for knowing his history just as well as me.

"Thank you, Miss Gilbert." Tanner empathized to us.

The class laughed. "Anytime." Stefan replied.

"Very well. The Fall of the Berlin Wall."

"1989." Stefan answered. "I'm good with dates, sir."

Tanner nodded. "Are you? So is your fellow student in the back, Miss Carlson."

Damn you Tanner, just mad because I've corrected you so many times.

"How good? Keep it to the year." Stefan nodded.

"Civil Rights Act."

"1964." He answered correct.

Tanner thought. "John F. Kennedy assassination."

"1963."

"Martin Luther King." Tanner was on top.

" '68." Stefan fired.

"Lincoln."

"1865."

"Roe vs. Wade." Tanner came closer to Stefan's desk.

"1973." Stefan said without hesitation. Damn, he really knew his stuff.

"Brown vs. Board."

"1954."

"The Battle of Gettysburg."

"1863."

"Korean War." Tanner just wasn't going to stop till he got something wrong.

"1950 to 1953."

"Ha! It ended in '52." Tanner said.

I took it as my chance to come in. "Actually it was in 1953. Sir."

The class looked back at me, so did Tanner. "Look it up, somebody."

"It was 19...53." Some one in front of Stefan said.

I tapped Stefan in the shoulder, he looked back and saw my hand. He high fived me. Today was successful; got on Tanner's nerves once more.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

I wasn't one for cheerleading, but I was all for supporting my friends. So I would stick myself on the bleachers and read or watching them practice.

Today I stayed on the grass. I saw Stefan on the bleachers and figured he wanted to be alone, so I wouldn't bother him.

"Oh my god, you're here!" Bonnie exclaimed once Elena made herself known.

Good for her for coming out. Getting back into what she did before everything. "I am. I can't stay sad girl forever."