Chapter Eleven

Caleb’s pov

                I lay beside Claire, with her wrapped up tight in my arms. We were still on the cold rough ground in the forest, surrounding the school, but neither of us minded one bit. We were content to just lie here, beside one another.

                “I need to tell you something,” I whispered to Claire. I hated to ruin the moment, but I couldn’t keep this from her any longer.

                “OK, what is it?” she asked, sounding cautious.

                “With werewolves, they each get a mate. It’s like soul mates and we only get one.” I waited for her to say something, but when she kept silent, I continued. “The pull to be with our mates is so strong that we would do anything to be with them. The wolf part of us helps us identify who our mate is and if the wolf can’t have our mates, sometimes the wolf dies. The human part still lives, but the wolf disappears forever.”

                “Have you found your mate?” Claire asked, after a while.

                “Yes, I have.” I smiled and pulled Claire closer to my chest, not wanted to let her go.

                “Is she pretty?”

                “She is the most beautiful person I have ever seen.”

                “Does she know about you?”

                “Yes, I told her.” I grinned, waiting for her to see what I was saying.

                “Go be with your mate than,” she snapped and pushed up away from me. I looked at her face and saw tears running down her cheeks.

                “I am with my mate,” I assured her.

                “What? What do you me…?” She looked at me and saw that I was smiling.

                “Claire, you are me mate.” I walked over to her, hope filling my face. I place my arms on her shoulders and pulled her close to me.

                “Am I really?”

                “Yes, my wolf has been growling at me to hurry up and mate you, before someone else could lay clam on you.” Before I could register what was happening, Claire jump up and wrapped her legs around my waist and I had enough sense to throw my arms around her to keep her from felling off. “I love you, Claire. Never leave.” I kissed her deep and hard, more passion and fierce then the last time.

                “I love you, too, Caleb.” The way she whispered my name sent chills down my spine. “Mark me Caleb, mark me as yours.”

                I looked up at her in disbelief. “Are you sure? Don’t you want to know the full concept first?”

                “What will happen?” I could still see the fire of heat in her eyes and I could feel it running through myself, but I will not mark her until she understands it fully.

                “I have to bit you, deep enough to leave a scar. Sense you heal easy, I’ll have to bit extra deep and leave my teeth in longer. Then, if you were a human I would slice my own neck and you would drink form me, but because you’re a vampire you can just bit me yourself. And to complete it, we need to join together as one, by making love.” I mumbled that last part, mostly in embarrassment, but also because I didn’t want Claire to be embarrassed as well. “After that, I’ll be able to tell what you’re feeling, where you are and you’ll be able to do the same with me and we’ll be able to communicate telepathically.”