Chapter Fifteen -Stitches and Sorrows-

Enjoy~

Editing completed 6/7/2017

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"I said keep your mouth shut, foreigner."

A low sigh escaped my lips as I turned my head to my now completely stitched arm. It really does sting... the Prince's gaze lingered on me for a few extra seconds, but he quickly turned away with a loud click of his tongue.

"To take your life... how amusing."

Is that praise I hear? A complement maybe? A small smile graced my lips but the Prince quickly added:

"A real shame you cannot follow simple instructions."

I lowered my head, ignoring the Prince's insult and reflecting upon Reiner's words - he had indeed worried me, but I'd decided to bury his meaningless chants at the back of my mind. The fire occurred many years ago... I must let go.

"If it's not to bold of me... could I visit Reiner briefly? I'd like to check on his condition."

The Prince rose from his chair and crossed his arms, casting the General a deadpan stare.

"I must be present if you wish to speak with him."

The Prince met eyes with me and curtly nodded his head.

"You too, brat."

I half bowed, but winced at the stitches moving inside my fresh wound.

"Don't move, you idiot. Forget bowing for an hour."

I nodded my head, swiftly rising to my feet and taking my usual place beside the Prince. General Pixis nervously cleared this throat, looking ever so slightly embarrassed.

"I'll agree to your conditions... oh.. I don't know your name..."

The Prince furrowed his brows before roughly speaking his title. General Pixi's seemed awfully embarrassed for being unaware of Prince Levi's first name for such a prolonged amount of time.

"Names Levi. I don't allow many to speak my title. I'll let it slide just this once, General..."

General Pixis smiled warmly and bowed deeply, a sign of extreme respect. I tensed up at the Generals drastic change of character - he had been so cruel when his regime first started. Had Reiner changed his emotions?

"We'll walk to his room."

General Pixis nodded his head and wiped a small droplet of sweat away from his forehead. Bowing seems to hurt his back...

                               |~~~~|

The Prince stood behind a large wooden door with a sentence carved above a wooden arch. Guest area - guests of the King.

"You've put Reiner in such a high authority room... I'm grateful, Levi."

The Prince sighed loudly and opened the door with the pale palm of his hand. Reiner's here to prevent maids entering and to stop Reiner requesting to leave, that's why.