Chapter Sixty Two -Royal Lovers-

Enjoy~ 

             •~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Six months later.

My engagement to such a powerful man was discussed throughout the entire Kingdom. Levi seemed elated with many of his subject's approval. Our marriage was due next month, and judging by the white curtains Petra was designing, everything seemed to be going smoothly.

Reiner's funeral remained forever in my thoughts, consuming my very soul for hours at a time. I still remember holding hands with Levi as two guards lowered Reiner's coffin into the ground. In the end, my letters did reach all of his friends and family. They arrived dressed in all black. I try my best to block Reiner's death from my mind and focus on his inspiring legacy.

Time heals all... is what many people told me.

"Oi, (Y/N). Eat something."

Levi rolled his eyes upon seeing me poke at my soup. To tell the truth... I haven't had much of an appetite lately. Of course, Levi and I had slept together recently. On weekends, Hanji regularly insisted on 'distracting the guards.' According to Levi, he received many bashful complaints from blushing guards late at night.

Let's just say walking around the palace started to become embarrassing. Since the complains, Levi's been muffling my noises by placing his fingers into my mouth. His technique seemed to be working, but he didn't particularly like doing it. To save the rest of my dignity, I allowed him to do so.

"Hey, Levi."

I glanced upwards from my now cold soup and spotted a very familiar face. Jean the nobleman. I instantly shot up from my seat and embraced Jean's fatigued body. Levi didn't appear to be impressed. I can't believe Jean's awake! He's standing too!

"Didn't I tell you to rest fully?"

Jean nervously scratched the back of his neck and studied my hand for a brief moment. My wedding ring. Levi cleared his throat, aggressively taking ahold of Jean's arm with a fierce glare. I furrowed my brows in response to his questionable behaviour. Just what on earth are those two doing?

"Not a word, Jean."

Jean winked in my overall direction.

"A word on how you were too scared to propose? By the looks of things, you took my advice."

Jean mocked his friend leisurely, lightly patting his shoulder with a triumphal smirk. Levi swiftly turned his back to me, covering his face with the right side of his wrist. Is Levi... blushing? I approached his flushed figure and gently poked his cheek. Levi refused to face me.

"Are you blushing? Let me see!"